Not sure where this comment would fit it, so I'll just add it here...

Advocates of homosexual behavior often claim that it is a completely healthy alternative to heterosexual behavior. They correctly point out that there is no specific STD that is limited to homosexuals. The claim is that homosexual sex isnā??t inherently more risky than heterosexual sex.

My position is that this claim is misleading. Compared to the alternative, homosexual relations between two males is unhealthy. True, there is no specific STD that is limited to homosexuals. However, this is not proof that gay sex is equally healthy as heterosexual sex.

Sex between two men at least occasionally involves penetration. The question is whether that penetration has any major health concerns not present when thinking of heterosexual penetration.

I would suggest that there are a number of health risks not normally present with heterosexual activities. And these are NOT what we normally call sexually transmitted diseases. Among these are:

--Pinworms
--Hepatitis A
--Thrombosed Hemorrhoids
--Intestinal parasites
--Anal fissures
--Ulcerative Proctitis
--Fungal infections
--Tears of the sphincter muscles
--Colon Cancer

There are many other concerns. And what these all have in common is that they are not major concerns for heterosexual couples. But they are MAJOR health issues among practicing male homosexuals.

Basically, it seems as if females are evolutionarily/anatomically equipped for sexual relations (with men) in a biological way that males are not. In the typical heterosexual relationship, women are less likely to have concerns about physical impaction injuries. True, if the act is rough, (e.g., rape), then such injuries can and do occur. But with homosexual men, even gentle relations seem to have a higher risk of fissures or breakages in delicate body tissues.

Itā??s like trying to force a square peg into a circular opening (using a building blocks analogy). Some things just naturally ā??fitā? and others donā??t. Human anatomy is a lot like that. Sure, if one really wants to, one can push a square peg through a rounded hole. But that will create some breakage of the object.

Perhaps science and technology will one day discover ways to completely eliminate all of these risks. However, without artificial interventions, relations between two men are bound to result in some injuries. This is whey they are to be considered higher risk activities.

Let me close with a statement made by Dr. Harold Feinstein of the Centers For Disease Control: "From a purely biological perspective, sodomy is an intrinsically unsanitary and pathological act. Empirical medical evidence clearly demonstrates that the rectum is not designed for intromission by penises, fists, forearms, etc. Physiologically, the rectum is designed for the expulsion of feces. When sodomy is performed, the peculiar forced inward expansion of the anal canal results in a tearing of the lining as well as bleeding anal fissure.ā?