Originally posted by svtcarboy:
It's funny, because there are some gays that want a different name applied to the commitment as well.

I personally believe that using a different name is not merely a matter of semantics. It is still a way to marginalize homosexuals. It makes it sound like the relationship and the commitment are different. Different names mean different treatment.

As for those who are saying it is choice, and social and...

I grew up in a small town in Northern Wisconsin. Very redneck. I was not surrounded by gay role models. In fact, a guy in my sister's class was run out of the school when he was found out. Yet, deep in my subconscious, I was sexually attracted towards the football team and not the cheerleaders. I fought and tried to deny this for years, until I finally outgrew my Cleopatra stage and realized who I really was.

I will reiterate what I said earlier... the idea of having sex with a woman is just as distastul and unappealing to me as having sex with a man is to you.

Oh, and by the way, all I have in my closet is my clothes.

:clap:

Growing up using "gay" as an insult word and being told over and over again that being gay was wrong as well as wonderful things such as premarital sex, it took me years to cast off the way I was taught by small minded society to think about homosexuals.

But get over it I did, and I am happier not casting judgements on others.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI