Print Thread
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
#895137 03/16/04 05:02 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Wasn't there a Roman legion that consisted entirely of male couples?

And there was also a Roman emperor rumoured to have had a vagina surgically implanted on him. Your point? You really DON'T want to base the topic of homosexual unions off of the whimsy of the Roman edicts, behavior of the Emperors and try to use it as proof. There is ample evidence of both it's acceptance and persecution in the Roman empire during varying periods of time.

And are you currently an anthropoligist?

A better one than the author of that article and anyone who buys into the notion that it inferrs that marriage really has no "set" base meaning in societies...

Have you made it your lifestime study to understand the daily lives of civilizations and cultures all over the world?

Did the author of that article? Have you?

I will say that a decade and a half of reading about the Romans, Byzantines, Greeks and Minoans from varying perspectives gives me some insight on the topic...

I am sure that the author of the article and the anthropologists that are disagreeing with the President's assertion that marriage is only to be between male and female used the Greeks and Romans as examples (even though the examples might be weak) becuase the average American has heard of the Greeks and Romans by watching Gladiator and The Clash of the Titans.

I'm fully aware there are tribes and groups (especially among Native Americans and African tribes) that held some sort of symbolic and ritualistic meaning/understanding of homosexual relationships.

I'll BET you dollars to dimes those relationships had a CERTAIN word that was different than what was commonly used for a traditional pairing of (1) man and (1) woman.

That's all I'm advocating here; just call it something different than marriage, like just about EVERY other society has that is being pulled in from the past to prop up arguments here.

What's so bad about that?

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
#895138 03/16/04 05:03 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
First off, I am anti-gay marriage. Here is why, short and simple. Who ever your god may be. Did he make us A-Sexual like wormds? I think not. If god wanted us to mate with the same sex, he would have made us a-sexual. But he didn't, because god doesn't believe in homosexuals. God forgives you for being gay. The human impulse is strong. Stronger then Gods word. Yes its hard to believe but its true. A human will do what feels right, and good. Doesn't matter what people say. People turn gay for many reasons. People aren't born, straight, nore gay. Its something that you are shapped into, by your family, friends, and different influences in your life. Something God, never expected, and couldn't have. Personally, I don't think its right, nore do I like to see it. I hate watching it in movies, seeing it on the streets, frankly even talking about it. It makes me sick. I have friends are gay, and the thought makes me sick, but they are still my friends, and they know how I feel, and they don't talk about it, nore have me meet their partnet. I don't need corruption in my life. The world is going to hell fast. I am only 20, and I can see that, so can everyone else. Gay marriages should not exist. They just shouldn't.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#895139 03/16/04 05:05 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by mmars:
I think the question we all should ask is why our government and the media seem to be making this topic more important than others like "Why our tech jobs being shipped overseas?". I could care less if two gays get married. It doesn't really affect me. One of my older brothers is gay. Do I love him less? No. Does it bother me that he is gay? No Do I think it's morally wrong to be gay? No. If he wants to get married to another man, would I protest? No! I have more important things to worry about.

--Matt

The exportation of jobs pisses me off too, as well as my company's habit of importing workers to do jobs that they could have found a domestic worker to do.

What makes this an important issue is the suggestion that a Constitutional Amendment is needed to prohibit such a union when in fact, states should be encouraged to settle the issue just as the issue of interracial marriages was settled in the early 50's for the most part. Oh yeah, a constitutional amendment was required to bring the last 19 states in line. The amendment that has been proposed does not specify anything about gay marriages. In fact, the way the proposed amendment is written it would hamper the court system in it's mandate to rule whether or not a law is unconstitutional. If this amendment had been in place prior to 1948, interracial marriages would probably still be in place as the California Supreme Court would not have been allowed to rule the California law against interracial marriage unconstitutional.

Wait, has anyone other than me READ the proposed amendment?

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#895140 03/16/04 05:06 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by Shane27:
FAGGOTS!!!!!!!!
MAKE ME SICK!!!!!
how can a guy want to stick another guy in his assss????? you sick fuucckks!!!
how could you even condone it unless your a faggot wanting to come out of the closet.
faggot loving bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see the mental institution in Dumba$$, USA got it's dialup account finally working again...

Do the world a favor have a labotomy performed. It can only help your ability to help and function in life, given the sewage you are spilling here.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
#895141 03/16/04 05:07 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
perfectly said!

#895142 03/16/04 05:15 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by auiotour:
First off, I am anti-gay marriage. Here is why, short and simple. Who ever your god may be. Did he make us A-Sexual like wormds? I think not. If god wanted us to mate with the same sex, he would have made us a-sexual. But he didn't, because god doesn't believe in homosexuals. God forgives you for being gay. The human impulse is strong. Stronger then Gods word. Yes its hard to believe but its true. A human will do what feels right, and good. Doesn't matter what people say. People turn gay for many reasons. People aren't born, straight, nore gay. Its something that you are shapped into, by your family, friends, and different influences in your life. Something God, never expected, and couldn't have. Personally, I don't think its right, nore do I like to see it. I hate watching it in movies, seeing it on the streets, frankly even talking about it. It makes me sick. I have friends are gay, and the thought makes me sick, but they are still my friends, and they know how I feel, and they don't talk about it, nore have me meet their partnet. I don't need corruption in my life. The world is going to hell fast. I am only 20, and I can see that, so can everyone else. Gay marriages should not exist. They just shouldn't.

Once again for everyone saying gay marriage is wrong. let me say this ONE MORE TIME.

This isn't about religion. This isnt abotu what you or I believe is right or wrong in a sexual relationship. This is about basic human rights to persue happiness. Currently law does not allow homosexuals to pledge their undying devotion in a legally recogonized marriage.

They deserve that right. Let's give them what they deserve.

Not one person that has posted to this thread in objection to gay marriage has addressed this concept. They have pled morality, genetics, plain old disgust or wacko 3rd grade "GAYS ARE ICKYPOO". No one has addressed the core issue -

WHY ARE HOMOSEXUAL's BEING DECRIMINATED AGAINST IN THE 21st CENTURY?

I really don't give a [censored] about what happened 5 years ago or 5000 years ago other than the fact that 200 years ago some guys said "hey, we have rights dammit and we are not going to let some king rule over us"

let's perfect their vision in ways they couldnt even begin to forsee.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#895143 03/16/04 05:30 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
who gives a shittt what you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#895144 03/16/04 05:43 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
It's funny, because there are some gays that want a different name applied to the commitment as well.

I personally believe that using a different name is not merely a matter of semantics. It is still a way to marginalize homosexuals. It makes it sound like the relationship and the commitment are different. Different names mean different treatment.

As for those who are saying it is choice, and social and...

I grew up in a small town in Northern Wisconsin. Very redneck. I was not surrounded by gay role models. In fact, a guy in my sister's class was run out of the school when he was found out. Yet, deep in my subconscious, I was sexually attracted towards the football team and not the cheerleaders. I fought and tried to deny this for years, until I finally outgrew my Cleopatra stage and realized who I really was.

I will reiterate what I said earlier... the idea of having sex with a woman is just as distastul and unappealing to me as having sex with a man is to you.

Oh, and by the way, all I have in my closet is my clothes.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#895145 03/16/04 05:53 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Shane27:
who gives a shittt what you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need to ask youself that question. At least his thoughts are intelligent.

You are portraying yourself as a homophobe who is afraid everyone will find out that you are, so you bash gays to make you look more macho. Grow Up! Really!

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
#895146 03/16/04 05:56 AM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by auiotour:
Something God, never expected, and couldn't have.

If He is going to be brought up, know that He knows past, present and future. There is nothing that He could not expect.

Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard