Originally posted by sigma:

If the Government made laws based on morals and laws from biblical times, we'd be cutting off people's hands on street corners, not working on Sundays, not drinking alcohol, the list goes and on. And some people, like yourself, would probably prefer that. But that's not how this country works. We makes laws based on the desires of the majority as long as someone is not physically or significantly mentally harmed by the results of those laws.

I think he was upset becuase I didnt answer a question targeted at me.

I answered him now, but that will not satisfy him.

P.S. The bible doesn't prohibit alcohol. Jesus turned water into wine for his first miracle, partook of wine during the last supper, and a later letter by Paul said "A little wine is good for the stomach". However, there are scriptures that strongly argue agaisnt drunkeness, with the principle being that it is the overindulgence that is sinful. Later interpretations such as the movement in the 30's that successfully resulted in a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol except for...wait for it...religious purposes, were the sole creation of teetotaling busybodies.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI