I already answered it, 99SESport.

I want to know what your heterosexual marriage brings to this nation that a homosexual marriage does not.

But that really is beside the point because it doesn't have to bring something to the nation to be made legal, it simply has to not take something away, as that is the cornerstone of something being illegal -- it has to take something away from someone.

That is the cornerstone of my argument, as you say.

And as I said before, taking away the moralistic integrity of the nation from your point of view does not count because that's only your point of view. It does count, however, if it is the opinion of the majority; that's the beauty of a democratic system rather than secular government that ignores the wants of its' people and rules by something written 2000 years ago.

Now, aside from your feelings being hurt because 2 gays are allowed to marry, what is your argument? You can't use the "degradation of morality" argument, because it's moot. Laws aren't based on morals, and certainly not on the Bible; they're made on the wants of the majority. Now you could have a problem with that, but that's a seperate subject entirely.

You can preach on and on all you want about how the Bible says it's not right, how Christianity says it's not right, how your Pastor says it's not right. But you haven't said a damn thing about where in the Constitution it says that it's not right.

Claim all you want about how the forefathers had Christianity in mind when they did this and did that, but they also had the Church discrimination of individuals in mind when they explicitly set up a seperation of Church and State to prevent exactly the kind of discrimation that you want to occur.

If the Government made laws based on morals and laws from biblical times, we'd be cutting off people's hands on street corners, not working on Sundays, not drinking alcohol, the list goes and on. And some people, like yourself, would probably prefer that. But that's not how this country works. We makes laws based on the desires of the majority as long as someone is not physically or significantly mentally harmed by the results of those laws.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX