Just a thought... does anyone believe that God's involvement with humankind really stopped 1900+ years ago? That he left the Bible as an sort of Chilton's manual to life and no longer guides us through our consciences and gut instincts?

The Constituition is only 200 years old, created when differences in religion generally meant Catholic vs. Protestant. However, the genius behind the fabric made it so it can adapt to changing times and changing circumstances.

I agree with the thought that the government should only step in to protect those who do not or cannot consent to an action. The Bible may coincidentally share some of these tenets with our legal system, but that's as far as it should go.

On arsenic... no, I did not read it from the EPA website... I love historical biographies and documentaries and retain all sorts of odd information from them.

I have yet to have heard an argument which says the restrictions on same sex marriage are anything but artificial in a purely civil context. Religious arguments state why a church would choose not to do it, but no further.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.