Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33
#895077 03/12/04 11:23 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
It's really sad that the world has come to this. Years ago the Bible was the authority, now it's the spit upon.

I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit will change you and create in you a heart willing to change, rather than one bent on taking everything and twisting it to mean what you want it to.

It's a fantasy world your living in when you believe that everything that everybody does is their personal business and that it won't affect the City, State, Country, World as a whole. I hope you guys wake up before you are the ones running our country.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
#895078 03/12/04 11:34 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

It's a fantasy world your living in when you believe that everything that everybody does is their personal business and that it won't affect the City, State, Country, World as a whole.

And yet you STILL have never said how gays actually affect you, let alone the City, State, Country or World.

We've had this conversation 10 times now, and everytime you bow out when you start losing, praying that we'll all eventually be 'saved'. You don't even argue the theology let alone the common sense.

Just wait until your judgemental ass is before Him and we'll see how things turn out for you. Espouse all you want; but it's obvious that many of us "sinners" live a more Christian ideological life than you yourself do.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#895079 03/12/04 11:57 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
It's really sad that the world has come to this. Years ago the Bible was the authority, now it's the spit upon.

I hope and pray that the Holy Spirit will change you and create in you a heart willing to change, rather than one bent on taking everything and twisting it to mean what you want it to.

It's a fantasy world your living in when you believe that everything that everybody does is their personal business and that it won't affect the City, State, Country, World as a whole. I hope you guys wake up before you are the ones running our country.

You believe in your god, that is fine. He/She/It has nothign to do with the civil government of this country. God = church. Anything outside that church = not god's business.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#895080 03/13/04 12:17 AM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Hey what if I believe in Buddha or something other than your "god" and my "god" says I can have 800 wives and 15 husbands? Who determines who's "god" gets to decide the laws and morals in the U.S.?

Celebrity deathmatch maybe?

"My god can kick your god's ass!"

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#895081 03/13/04 12:21 AM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Try this on for size.

My GF company allows "life partners" to put their significant others on thier insurance. Really nice company huh?

But you know what, they won't let us be on the same policy because we are of the opposite sex and they don't consider us "life partners".

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
#895082 03/13/04 12:24 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Yeah, that's kinda messed-up.

Their intent is good, but unless they have some really good way of determining what a "life partner" is, it's not exactly fair.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#895083 03/13/04 12:49 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

Yes, let's go back to the days of the Inquisition and Crusades, when the Bible and those representing it were THE authority on this planet. Things were so much better when a sizeable segment of Christianity was marching in lockstep, much like the SS throughout Poland during WWII...

Show me where I've spit upon the Bible, if you indeed are addressing anything I've brought up. Interpretations and differences of opinion on certain passages in the Good Book book does NOT a pagan or heretic make, especially if the core of the message of love, hope and peace is preserved and followed.

And I sincerely hope and pray that the Holy Spirit would give you the insight and courage to not digest everything that organized religion shoves down your throat, and to keep in mind the CORE messages of the Bible when looking at certain passages and pieces of it. Studying the Bible from a historical perspective and looking into the politics of Christianity from the earliest of days and how religion, power, control and politics intermingled and still do to this day is an eye-opener beyond compare.

It's not easy as it takes time, effort and WILL cast doubt upon doubt towards your faith. It can make a more aware and stronger Christian, though, if one will let it.

Last thought: When religion and it's teachings become a tool of condemnation and persecution, I've always believed it's time to CLOSELY examine not only the message itself but those that are delivering it. In other words (and to bastardize a famous quote), the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, so be careful what you base your foundations upon...

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
#895084 03/13/04 01:01 AM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N

you sound brainwashed.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#895085 03/13/04 03:17 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Ok, Religion is a bit of my forte. One of my reasons for leaving the church was a gay religion teacher...mainly because he was really scary, but it was so terribly twisted. This was a few years before the whole Catholic church sandal. I think the bible is up to interpretation, I also think it is outdated. It is not the word of God written by god, it was written by man. I don't care who you are you are a sinner, no doubt. If you waited til marriage, didn't beat off, and what not; then hats off to you. I know what the bible says about homosexuality, but if and only if you can say you didn't do those things mentioned a sentence ealier, then you are being hypoctitical. What I said earlier in this post has nothing to do with how I feel on religion, so let's not bring that into the picture at this point. This is about the morals/ethics of it. JMHO

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#895086 03/13/04 03:22 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Just a thought... does anyone believe that God's involvement with humankind really stopped 1900+ years ago? That he left the Bible as an sort of Chilton's manual to life and no longer guides us through our consciences and gut instincts?

The Constituition is only 200 years old, created when differences in religion generally meant Catholic vs. Protestant. However, the genius behind the fabric made it so it can adapt to changing times and changing circumstances.

I agree with the thought that the government should only step in to protect those who do not or cannot consent to an action. The Bible may coincidentally share some of these tenets with our legal system, but that's as far as it should go.

On arsenic... no, I did not read it from the EPA website... I love historical biographies and documentaries and retain all sorts of odd information from them.

I have yet to have heard an argument which says the restrictions on same sex marriage are anything but artificial in a purely civil context. Religious arguments state why a church would choose not to do it, but no further.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard