Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
The constitution and Bill of Rights were based on truths set in stone in scripture, the Bible. Our founding fathers made it clear that without God and without the truths in the Bible, our country would be indeed going down the downward spiral to a deep dark grave. (

OK, I'm guessing that you've never actually read our Constitution.

Again, I ask you to explain why our very religious founding fathers, in drafting what they knew was to be one of the most important documents in the history of the planet, did not include ANY reference to Jesus or Christianity. The only two references to religion in the entire constitution are a prohibition on requiring federal offices from requiring religious oaths and the prohibition on the establishment of a national religion in the 1st amendment.

And please tell me from what scripture did our founding fathers get the idea of a bicameral legislature?

What scripture gives us the principal of checks and balances between three parts of government - one to make the laws, one to interpret the laws and one to enforce the laws? Is this analagous to the holy trinity? Does The Father have veto power over The Son and The Holy Ghost? Can the latter two override The Father's veto by a Two-Thirds majority?

Where does it say in any scripture that slaves should count as 3/5 of a person to appease slave states?

How about the idea of a compromise between small states and large states in which one house of the bi-cameral legislature would be based upon population and the other house would give equality to each state in the union. Is this a biblical principal?

Originally posted by 99SESPORT:

Homosexuals are one of those groups, and after this what comes next? Will we okay NAMBLA? Search on it if you don't know what it is. Will we okay incest? Will rape be okayed? What will be allowed next?

It seems pretty simple to me. How about we draw the line at allowing consenting adults have whatever other interaction they want with other consenting adults - as long as nobody else is hurt in the process.