Print Thread
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33
#895057 03/12/04 05:15 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by BoostedA4:
I can't believe i am being so outspoken about this.. (moms gonna know for sure) lol..
Homosexuality a sin? has anyone seen what goes on behind most peoples bedroom doors!!! haha (surely those sex shops exist for a reason). If its a sin then im the anti-christ himself.. oh btw, I live in New Paltz and i know Jason West. He's been talking about this for a Loooong time (and yes hes a media queen). NP is a very liberal town sort of woodstock like. I was at the marches and the marriages it was definitely an awesome sight.. so much emotion involved.. and we will continue the weddings every week without west.

Now if they could only stop giving me the "im str8 but dont h8" signs to carry.. excuse me while i get my Hair did' and nails done.

are u coming out to us?

As far as I'm concerned, civil unions don't matter to me, I think that's where this is headed anyways. . .as for this whole gay=bad, can't be gay because the bible said so, etc. Honestly, the bible was WRITTEN by man, NOT GOD, so there's room for interpretation, it frankly pisses me off when people go around saying that. . .

Now if they used logic and science, that's another thing. Genetically speaking, if being gay is heritable, then it is a deleterious, fatal trait because it has ZERO fitness, a gay couple doesn't lead to offspring. Period. The survival is null, the population of gay people will eventually extinguish because the heritable trait isn't passed on. . .simple enough.

So until I see real evidence that there is a genetic predisposition for it, then I'm going to ASSUME it's a social phenomenom, which means I don't really think it can be recognized by the State or Country at the same level as a heterosexual couple is recognized. . .recognizing them under civil union is another thing, but it's really splitting hairs here. . .

#895058 03/12/04 05:44 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
I can't believe i am being so outspoken about this.. (moms gonna know for sure) lol..
Homosexuality a sin? has anyone seen what goes on behind most peoples bedroom doors!!! haha (surely those sex shops exist for a reason). If its a sin then im the anti-christ himself.. oh btw, I live in New Paltz and i know Jason West. He's been talking about this for a Loooong time (and yes hes a media queen). NP is a very liberal town sort of woodstock like. I was at the marches and the marriages it was definitely an awesome sight.. so much emotion involved.. and we will continue the weddings every week without west.

Now if they could only stop giving me the "im str8 but dont h8" signs to carry.. excuse me while i get my Hair did' and nails done.

are u coming out to us?

As far as I'm concerned, civil unions don't matter to me, I think that's where this is headed anyways. . .as for this whole gay=bad, can't be gay because the bible said so, etc. Honestly, the bible was WRITTEN by man, NOT GOD, so there's room for interpretation, it frankly pisses me off when people go around saying that. . .

Now if they used logic and science, that's another thing. Genetically speaking, if being gay is heritable, then it is a deleterious, fatal trait because it has ZERO fitness, a gay couple doesn't lead to offspring. Period. The survival is null, the population of gay people will eventually extinguish because the heritable trait isn't passed on. . .simple enough.

So until I see real evidence that there is a genetic predisposition for it, then I'm going to ASSUME it's a social phenomenom, which means I don't really think it can be recognized by the State or Country at the same level as a heterosexual couple is recognized. . .recognizing them under civil union is another thing, but it's really splitting hairs here. . .

I said I wasn't going to post again, but that was incredibly inteligent. Hats off.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#895059 03/12/04 05:57 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Just because something is genetic doesn't mean that it's heritable, so that argument is rather mute. I can name countless genetic traits, "abnormalities" if you will, that aren't necessarily passed from one generation to the next.

Down's Syndrome is a genetic abnormality that arises rather randomly as a simple genetic 'fault' and has occured for, as far as science can tell, as long as man has existed, and will continue to exist whether it's necessarily in your genetic heritage or not. It's purely a random thing; and some genetic features or more random than others.

Even if homosexuality was a purely heritable trait, being genetically homosexual does not predispose one to not bearing children, as many homosexuals have children, whom may or may not be homosexual.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#895060 03/12/04 01:27 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

are u coming out to us?

I said I wasn't going to post again, but that was incredibly inteligent. Hats off.

No, it really wasn't. Someone should go back to Middle School and study genetics again. Even at that basic level you should know about dominant and Recessive traits.

Genetics 101

In addition, as Sigma stated:

Originally posted by Sigma:
Just because something is genetic doesn't mean that it's heritable, so that argument is rather mute. I can name countless genetic traits, "abnormalities" if you will, that aren't necessarily passed from one generation to the next.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#895061 03/12/04 02:32 PM
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B

are u coming out to us?

No i've been out for 5 years.. i was just trying to lighten the subject a little bit. I was talking about the car club i was part of in New York.

99 A4 1.8t kk04 turbo , turboxs bov, REVOteknik tuned- 18psi, Pflow max air filter, supersprint exhaust. Eibach Springs 2 inch drop, koni blues'. RS4 bumper, 1 piece euro clear headlights w/hid NewPaltz, NY.
#895062 03/12/04 03:05 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

In other words, homomarriage is going to affect us in more ways that I want to even imagine. Simple as that...

So you compare "homomarriage" with other "rampant individualistic actions" such as beastiality, murder, and molestation...

Do you tell your homosexual "friends" that? I guarantee you they wouldn't be your friends very long.

I just wanna know how homomarriage (God, I hate that word) is going to affect "us in more ways than I want to even imagine". We've had this discussion before, and you've never been able to successsfully answer that, you just keep saying it's going to totally change our lives.

Homosexuality is a sin, just like all the others metioned above, so yes, I do tell my friends.Anybody that is my friend will understand that if they don't already. I in fact worked with a VERY VERY outward homosexual who knew how I felt about the whole situation because we spent hours after the restaurant closed discussing such topics. He was never less than a friend because I loved him, as a friend and he knew it.

And I believe I have actually successfully answered the question about how it will affect us. I have said it will destroy the children (not that the rampant divorce rate etc hasn't already), it will tear at the fabric of what we know to be right and true, it will give justification and rights to a sinful and destructive life pattern, it makes what was once wrong right, and to be completely honest with you, it will confuse future generations on what is right and wrong. I have shown, quite briefly, that Rome fell becuase just like the U.S., it over indulged itself in everything under the sun. Another example would be Sodom and Gomorrah. Homosexuals were rampant there and other indulgences in every pleasure known to man were replacing what was known to be right. That city was destroyed for its sins.

And for those who ask me to take the Bible out, then you might as well change our timeline that we use, might as well get rid of America because it is based on Biblical principles, get rid of the church which has basically kept the country together in times of need and most important, you might as well rip the soul out of everybody and allow us all to walk around as individualistic monsters who know nothing of our neighbor. You can also take out all the laws we have because without the Bible, without the truth in the Bible, our laws mean nothing. Why is it wrong to murder? Because in the beginning God said so. Why is it wrong to steal? Because in the beginning God said so. So, NO, I will not remove my "religion" from my discussion as the religion is the foundational truth behind our country, our laws, and our families.

Quote:

And how is homosexual marriage any more "individualistic" than your own marriage -- seeing that the vast majority of people get married for no other reason than their inate desire to do so.

I got married not because of my innate desire to do so (although it was there and I did want to get married). Rather, I got married because I met my wife, fell in love, and wanted to raise a family with her. I got married to have a mate, somebody to fill me in, smooth my rough spots etc etc etc. She was that person.

To keep the personal information level to a low, my wife and I do not use any form of birth control because we want our marriage to have a lasting impact on society. Divorce does not exist in our vocabulary and we got married young enough to possibly see our 75th wedding anniversary (which we are looking forward to). Our foundation is Jesus Christ, whose teachings we will follow and who will hold us together through the rough times. We didn't get married because of sex, we didn't get married to get married, heck, we didn't even get married to show off (although she is gorgeous). We got married because the Bible says that is what is supposed to happen and we have children with more on the way because God said that is what a marriage is for. Our marriage is based in God, based on Biblical principles, which if followed, will hold us together. Marriage is not easy in today's society, and it is scary at times, but Karen and I look forward to living each and everyday out together until one of us is taken from this earth.

Now for the real kicker, my marriage is hopefully a example of how God described his relationship to us. Jesus was the groom and we are the Bride. This is a whole other topic and should not be discussed here, but to put it quickly, God brought Karen and I together and only God, in taking us to His glory, will take us apart. My marriage is that important.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
#895063 03/12/04 03:38 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:

I got married not because of my innate desire to do so (although it was there and I did want to get married). Rather, I got married because I met my wife, fell in love, and wanted to raise a family with her. I got married to have a mate, somebody to fill me in, smooth my rough spots etc etc etc. She was that person.

And why is it so difficult to believe that this is all the gay community wants too?

Is adopted childen not raising a family (if so desired). By this logic, do you believe that people who are incapable of bearing children should not be married?

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#895064 03/12/04 04:36 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

are u coming out to us?

No, it really wasn't. Someone should go back to Middle School and study genetics again. Even at that basic level you should know about dominant and Recessive traits.

Genetics 101

In addition, as Sigma stated:

Originally posted by Sigma:

I don't need to, I know enough about genetics, trust me , I'm telling you MY view point. . .Down's is a genetic disorder that occurs because of abnormal chromosome segregation, a faulty meiotic event, . . .it can occur idiopathically because of a poor prenatal environment, etc. I'm no Down's expert, but yes it isn't genetic BECAUSE it is not observed to be genetically transmissable. That is, a person with Down's syndrome does not pass it to their children.

I was using the term genetic loosely, but for your consumption I'll just say that most abnormalities have a genetic basis, granted diversification because of meiotic recombination due to mutations is what makes human heterogeneiity and vigor ESSENTIAL to the propigation of our species, BUT my point is that IF being gay is due to a smaller Amygdila or Hypothalmus, THAT would be a trait that is controlled by genes because those tissues are PROTEINS which are directly regulated by genetic control (either cis, trans, post transcriptionally, translationally, etc. the points of regulation are myriad, BUT that's for another post). . .AND if it is seen across ALL probands, THEN one would logically think that this trait is heritable SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GAY. Face it, a small mutation that dies with the proband is ONE thing, but millions of gay people, that's another story. . .

oh yeah, sigma, this isn't a Dominant/Recessive thing, if it has a genetic basis, it clearly is a complex "disorder" with multiple gene interactions. . .not meaing it's a DISORDER like a disease, but for sake of terming the alternate allele a certain desgination. . .

#895065 03/12/04 04:52 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
And for those who ask me to take the Bible out, then you might as well change our timeline that we use, might as well get rid of America because it is based on Biblical principles, get rid of the church which has basically kept the country together in times of need and most important, you might as well rip the soul out of everybody and allow us all to walk around as individualistic monsters who know nothing of our neighbor. You can also take out all the laws we have because without the Bible, without the truth in the Bible, our laws mean nothing. Why is it wrong to murder? Because in the beginning God said so. Why is it wrong to steal? Because in the beginning God said so. So, NO, I will not remove my "religion" from my discussion as the religion is the foundational truth behind our country, our laws, and our families.

I disagree. Our Constitution overrides Bible. If there is a disagree between the two (ie. Atheism, Constitution says it's OK, Bible say it's wrong.), Constitution wins. Always.

I don't need a God to tell me what is wrong. Stealing and Murder are pretty obvious. But of course that's why you used them as an examples for biblical morality. Not something that is limited to the religion alone.

If you are attempting to convince us otherwise, you need something that consists of things we BOTH already consider as facts. Otherwise your points are lost.

What is Right is treating people equal. Homosexuals are not criminals. No matter WHAT your Bible might say.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
#895066 03/12/04 04:52 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by zgendron:

And why is it so difficult to believe that this is all the gay community wants too?

Is adopted childen not raising a family (if so desired). By this logic, do you believe that people who are incapable of bearing children should not be married?

Man, you brought up a lot of topics here.

People who are inadequate or cannot bear children have no, or should have no knowledge of this fact until they are married, and then there are all sorts of ways to work around that. Adoption of course is probably the best because there is a great need out there.

Homosexuals on the other hand are living a life of sin. They have chosen to specifically pick and choose verses from the Bible. There are those here that say that it isn't mentioned much, that it's just a small thing, 10% or less, but the point is, is that the Bible mentions it specifically as being a sin. It is unnatural, for 1)obvious reasons and 2) because God said so.

On top of that, the "gay" community may want to be in love too, but guess what, there are absolute truths, and one of those is that homosexuality is a sin. I don't care what anybody else says, it's not a matter of opinion, it's pure and simple fact, it is a sin. There are truths in this world, and those truths expand to cover all human existence.

Our country started out on the right foot. Most higher education schools were started to raise ministers. The constitution and Bill of Rights were based on truths set in stone in scripture, the Bible. Our founding fathers made it clear that without God and without the truths in the Bible, our country would be indeed going down the downward spiral to a deep dark grave. (I'm searching for the quotes that I have heard and read, hopefully I'll be able to find them, if not, sorry, skip that particular segment of my argument). Anyway, our country began to decline as everybody came in and thought the country was there's and nobody elses. As education rose and material wealth rose, individualism sprung, and it has led to it being said that there are absolutely no absolute truths (hmmmm, ponder that for a while). So, of course without the truths to back the laws and boundaries up, everything goes crazy, as we can see. We have men going after children, we have adultery taking over marriage, swing parties, divorce, child abuse, destruction of our families, pornography being portrayed not only in R rated movies anymore, but also on TV, etc etc etc. Our world has lost the notion that boundaries in our lives need to exist and have come to the conclusion that there are no ultimate truths.

Homosexuals are one of those groups, and after this what comes next? Will we okay NAMBLA? Search on it if you don't know what it is. Will we okay incest? Will rape be okayed? What will be allowed next?

By allowing the state to justify homosexual marriage, we are asking that equal "rights" be spread to all the other sex acts. It begs the question, if I can't stop it with homosexuals, who am I to stop a man from getting a Marriage License with his Dog, or polygamy from becoming the next big thing. Where does it end? Somebody must draw the line, and that's what I see happening, today. California said STOP and Massachusetts said CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT a possibility and the President and other areas of government are saying NO MORE to homosexual marriage. Unfortunately they are giving an inch with the civil unions, and what comes if you give someobody an inch, they take a mile.

All I'm saying is that homosexuals can act any way they want to, they can do whatever they want. Comparing it to women's rights or civil rights are like comparing apples and oranges. Every human has the right to vote, and every human has the right to be a human, but...

...everybody does not have the right to do as they please and expect the government to give them their justification they so desperately long for.

That's right, that's exactly what I said. Everybody does not have the right to do exactly what they want, and everybody does not have the right to get justification from the government. Women's lib way back when was on the right track, women deserve the right to vote, it's not a way of life, it's who they are. Civil rights, the blacks are no different than the white people! Right on!! It sure did take long enough!! Homosexuals, though, are completely different. They are living in sin and cannot expect my government to justify it just so they can say YEAH, LOOK WE ARE quote in quote "LEGAL". Again, I say that the government is not who I would be worrying about justifying what I'm doing if I was them. There is a higher power that we have all forgotten about. End of story.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
Page 19 of 33 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard