Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:
Originally posted by Contouraholic:
So now the question becomes: "What's in our water?"

For one thing, not as much arsenic as the Bush Adminstration would like.

Bush and his buddies in the chemical industry are also doing their damndest to make sure we all get our minimum daily requirements of MTBEs.

Goverment allows the use of too many chemicals and also they use too many chemicals. They have a 50 year easement on parts of my property and they installed small buildings. The property is really small but they let it grow up and then use herbicides. With no vegetation all of the soil is washing away and the trees are dying within 30 or 40 feet of where they spray chemicals. I am going to loose several large trees and one huge oak tree and the river will probably wash away some of my riverfront property but that is the price we pay for chemicals. I told them that I will clear the property if they will not use herbicide. So they are letting me mow the lawn and things.

Chemicals companies hire special interest groups to lobby for them. U.S. citizens don't have the time or money to lobby but I would like to see the goverment use less chemicals.

Sometimes I watch the man the goverment sends out to work at my property. He has a tiny chain saw that is so dull that it takes him hours to cut a few small brush trees. He just does not know how to use a chain saw or how to sharpen them. I think he is an engineer because he works on the equipment and seems to understand how the equipment works. I think the next time he comes to work, I will see if he will let me show him how to sharpen a chain saw. A sharp chain saw will cut so much better.

The goverment always assumes if you don't drop dead right away from a chemical then you are OK. Things like asbestos can take years to slowly kill a person. It has no warning signs at first. Once it gets in your lungs it does not come out. Once in the lungs it slowly causes scar tissue to form and the person gradually suffocates and dies.