Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
#894997 03/11/04 02:19 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Oh, and a lot of people attribute the fall of the Roman Empire in large part to the Roman water supply which was becoming increasingly polluted with lead.

Environmental regulation was never a strong suit of the ancient Romans.

#894998 03/11/04 03:30 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:
Oh, and a lot of people attribute the fall of the Roman Empire in large part to the Roman water supply which was becoming increasingly polluted with lead.

So now the question becomes: "What's in our water?"

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
#894999 03/11/04 04:15 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Contouraholic:

For one thing, not as much arsenic as the Bush Adminstration would like.

Bush and his buddies in the chemical industry are also doing their damndest to make sure we all get our minimum daily requirements of MTBEs.

#895000 03/11/04 04:58 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
they should have just never made it an issue and let them do as they please. it doesnt bother me wether they can or cant get married. so i dont see why it should have been a issue to begin with. it is not going to hurt anyone if they are able to so i think people shouldnt worry about it. they should worry about other things like the economy and other important issues. this country has a lot more to worry about than same sex marriages.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
#895001 03/11/04 04:58 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
So far I have yet to hear one valid argument on the web, on TV or in a newspaper on why I should even care if gays get married.

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
#895002 03/11/04 05:05 AM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by MarkO:
So far I have yet to hear one valid argument on the web, on TV or in a newspaper on why I should even care if gays get married.

Ditto.

By all means let them get married, won't affect me any.

Let them have all the benefits of a married heterosexual couple too for all I care.

-J

'98 4Runner
#895003 03/11/04 05:46 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Contouraholic:
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:

Thank You! That's exactly what I'd like to know!

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
#895004 03/11/04 05:46 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
The only reason anyone should care is because it is giving Bush an issue which can galvanize his supporters so the public's attention can be diverted from the lackluster economy and our even more disastrous foreign policy.

This is an issue which could cost Kerry the election.

#895005 03/11/04 06:16 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I don't care if they get married, but it shouldn't be all public and sh!t. And no benefits for them, they spread HIV like wildfire.

Ya know, fcuk gay people.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#895006 03/11/04 07:59 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
1:27 and likewise also the men, of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due., 1:31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful: 1:32 who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practise such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practise them.

More Bible quotes.

Taking anything that Paul said out its context is like trying to drive a car blindfolded. You don't know where you are, where you have been, where you are going, or who you just ran over and killed!

Paul's writings have been taken out of context and twisted to punish and oppress every identifiable minority in the world: Jews, children, women, blacks, slaves, politicians, divorced people, convicts, pro choice people, lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transsexuals, religious reformers, the mentally ill, and the list could go on and on. Paul is often difficult and confusing to understand. A lot of Paul's writing is very difficult to translate. Since most of his letters were written in response to news from other people, reading Paul can be like listening to one side of a telephone conversation. We know, or think we know, what Paul is saying, but we have to guess what the other side has said. As 2 Peter 3:16-18 pointed out, we have to be on guard against using Paul's writings in unhealthy and destructive ways.

Originally posted by II Peter 3:16-18 Warning:
"Paul wrote things hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable distort, as they do the rest of scripture, to their own destruction! You, therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled people, you fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to whom is the glory, both now and to the day of eternity Amen."

Originally posted by bishop375:
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
HOMOSEXUALITY IS JUST MORALLY WRONG!!

I'm not sorry, becuase JESUS CHRIST offers everybody forgiveness if they ask and will turn from their sins.

Yeah, you're following his teachings of tolerance and love for your fellow man, alright, you hypocritcal moron. Homosexuality is against YOUR morals, make that distinction. My morals are FAR removed from yours, and frankly, if there came a time where you and I were candidates for the pearly gates, they'd welcome me in there before you, chuckles. Sleep on that one.

Remember, the bible was written when the earth was still flat and people were polytheists... if polytheism (practiced by the two of the most important societies the world will ever see) was "proven" wrong by Christianity, who's to say that Christianity won't be "proven" wrong by someone else in the future?

If your going to try to throw any bible quotes (99) please dont use Genesis 19:5, I Corinthians 6:9; I Timothy 1:9-10 and if your want to use Leviticus, lets make sure that we use all of it, not just selective parts, ok? The Bible only works when it is used as a whole. Parts can be twisted and used to say whatever you want them to.

Read what Jesus said in Matthew 7:1-5 about hypocrites who judge others. "Do not judge lest you be judged yourselves... Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? ...You hypocrite!"

Originally posted by BoostedA4:
"oh crap" "we forgot!!" "your different" is the response i get, and they totally change the tune after they realize.

I find it awesome for the support alot of you guys have given... and if we can't get our rights.. hey? can i have my taxes back?

Its amazing how quick things can leave peoples minds when they get used to you. Not paying taxes would be a good thing.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard