Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33
#894987 03/10/04 11:59 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Originally posted by bishop375:

1) Marriage is NOT about children anymore.

2) The "institution" of marriage is NOT failing because of homosexuality.

Your absolutely right..the institution of marriage is failing because too many people think it is NOT about children anymore.....

It's failing as people think of only themselves, there own wants and "needs". No core values. Lack of honasty. Lack of commitment. But, make no mistake..if it does fail, we are FINISHED as a society. I sincerlely hope you are right that broadly redefining marriage will not further accelerate its decay..

Right on...

Anybody take a second to compare our society to the great and might FALLEN Roman Empire from ages past? Anybody? Anybody?

What was going on before the fall? What was rampant before they lost everything and were no longer?

Overindulgence in everything which includes sex, eating, material belongings, etc, homosexuality was becoming the norm, not the exception, they were killing their future generations (either through some form of abortion or infancticide or both), sex was not sacred anymore, greed, money, the rich were getting richer and the poor were getting poorer, and on and on and on and on and on it goes.

Does this sound at ALL like our country? Hmmm, yep. That's one reason why it's so IMPORTANT to keep homosexuals without rights to marriage. But a more important reason is that HOMOSEXUALITY IS JUST MORALLY WRONG!!

As crude as it is, "D for Chicks" is how we were created. I don't like the phrase, but that's the way it is. Deal with it.

Marriage is for procreation and to fulfill a man's need and woman's need. We are all different, and each of us (as in my earlier post) have different things we add to the marriage and the children that are a product of the marriage. Birth Control destroyed the need to keep sex in the marriage bed and allowed sex to become a free for all. Homosexuality is one of the abnormal ways to have sex and connect to others in society as our society slowly goes down the downward spiral. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but then again, I'm not sorry, becuase JESUS CHRIST offers everybody forgiveness if they ask and will turn from their sins.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
#894988 03/11/04 12:27 AM
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I do agree with some of the parallells with the Roman's (and Greeks, etc for that matter..) but not your tone of high morality...

For my part, I want to be clear that I do not make any moral judgement on homosexuality. It is clearly genetic in nature and not a "choice". In my experience (and I have a number of gays as patients) there is no difference between hetero & homosexuals in morality as a group. Gays are often wonderful people deserving of the respect and friendship due any other. My arguement stems solely from redefining marriage, a crucial but crippled institution, from it's original intent...No other religious, moral, or other implications implied..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
#894989 03/11/04 01:00 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
HOMOSEXUALITY IS JUST MORALLY WRONG!!

As crude as it is, "D for Chicks" is how we were created. I don't like the phrase, but that's the way it is. Deal with it.

I'm not sorry, becuase JESUS CHRIST offers everybody forgiveness if they ask and will turn from their sins.

Yeah, you're following his teachings of tolerance and love for your fellow man, alright, you hypocritcal moron. Homosexuality is against YOUR morals, make that distinction. My morals are FAR removed from yours, and frankly, if there came a time where you and I were candidates for the pearly gates, they'd welcome me in there before you, chuckles. Sleep on that one.

Remember, the bible was written when the earth was still flat and people were polytheists... if polytheism (practiced by the two of the most important societies the world will ever see) was "proven" wrong by Christianity, who's to say that Christianity won't be "proven" wrong by someone else in the future?

And, yeah, I reposted my own quotes, but, that's because nobody can argue the point. I've also known a few couples who got married because they loved each other, and never wanted children. Does that mean they shouldn't have been allowed to marry each other? NO. Who cares what their opinion on children is? Does it affect you? No, it doesn't. Your life will ALWAYS be your own life. Live it the way you want to. But do NOT take away the rights of others while you do it... THAT is what this country is about, NOT preventing gays from marrying.

Overindulgence in everything which includes sex, eating, material belongings, etc, homosexuality was becoming the norm, not the exception, they were killing their future generations (either through some form of abortion or infancticide or both), sex was not sacred anymore, greed, money, the rich were getting richer and the poor were getting poorer, and on and on and on and on and on it goes.

You neglect to mention the rampant inbreeding by the straight couples to keep the "family lineage" through marriage. Yeah, being married and being able to reproduce is REAL helpful there, right? Shot yourself in the foot with that.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#894990 03/11/04 01:10 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by bishop375:
Yeah, you're following his teachings of tolerance and love for your fellow man, alright, you hypocritcal moron. Homosexuality is against YOUR morals, make that distinction. My morals are FAR removed from yours, and frankly, if there came a time where you and I were candidates for the pearly gates, they'd welcome me in there before you, chuckles. Sleep on that one.

Are YOU ^ being loving and tolerant?

If he is indeed a hypocritical moron, something tells me he's not the only one here.

As for entry into the pearly gates, only time will tell my friend. It'll be interesting.

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
#894991 03/11/04 01:10 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
My arguement stems solely from redefining marriage, a crucial but crippled institution, from it's original intent...No other religious, moral, or other implications implied..

There again, it depends on the "intent" of marriage. Why is it SO wrong for people to get married because they love each other and TRULY want to be together for the rest of their lives? I want to marry my girlfriend, but, not for the explicit intent of having children. I want to marry her because I LOVE her, with ever fiber of my being. People who get married just to have kids... will often split up, causing their children harm for the rest of their lives.

You know, letting gays marry (ESPECIALLY those who have been dating for longer than some of us have been alive!) would only STRENGTHEN the idea of marriage. A lot of gay couples have been in longer, more committed relationships than most straight people I've known.

#894992 03/11/04 01:15 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Mystery98:

Are YOU ^ being loving and tolerant?

I never said I followed Jesus' teachings. I called it as I saw it. He was being hypocritcal, and a moron. No hatred at all.

Assuming I even believe in the pearly gates (I was born/raised Catholic, then realized they couldn't answer any of the questions I had... even in a Catholic school), I honestly, truly believe that whatever "paradise" there may be after death would be far more apt to welcome someone like me who gets p*ssed at someone for making crude, imbecillic statements, bashing a group of people for nothing other than their sexual preference, than the people actually making those statements.

At least, that's what *I* got out of reading the Bible a few times.

#894993 03/11/04 01:31 AM
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Alright well i am probably gonna get alot of thrashing for this but heres my opinion..

I have been openly bi since i was 17 years old. And what got me lately is that my own friends forgot that i am. So i've been hearing alot of people making jokes and poking fun and trying to involve me in the debate... then i say.. what about me? "oh crap" "we forgot!!" "your different" is the response i get, and they totally change the tune after they realize. I hang out at alot of auto events... i even met some of you in person and had a great time (you guys had no idea). The point is alot of people are criticizing based on a stereotypical image.. i am not queer eye for the straight guy. I am your average 21 yr old guy that creates monsters that go fast in the 1/4 mile. Im not the type to cry or whine about this subject but i do wish that we get the same opportunities as everyone else because after all.. we only live once, and to fight all of my life just for happiness isn't worth it. I respect everyone's opinion because as well as them i have my own. I find it awesome for the support alot of you guys have given... and if we can't get our rights.. hey? can i have my taxes back?

In the meantime i'll be in my garage squeezing a bigger turbo into my car...

99 A4 1.8t kk04 turbo , turboxs bov, REVOteknik tuned- 18psi, Pflow max air filter, supersprint exhaust. Eibach Springs 2 inch drop, koni blues'. RS4 bumper, 1 piece euro clear headlights w/hid NewPaltz, NY.
#894994 03/11/04 01:53 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by BoostedA4:
In the meantime i'll be in my garage squeezing a bigger turbo into my car...

That sounds like some sort of sexual metaphor but I hope you are speaking literally

#894995 03/11/04 02:12 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Anybody take a second to compare our society to the great and might FALLEN Roman Empire from ages past? Anybody? Anybody?

Anyone take a second to compare our society to the much more recent fall of the French Third Empire (c1940)?

In the 1930's the French industrialists and the wealthy 5% of the country conspired with a right wing media to prevent social reform and to attempt to keep conservative (even fascist-leaning) governments in power.

Due to the rampant greed of the controlling elite, France was unable to seriously institute reforms which were desperately needed to cope with the depression and the burgeoning aggression of its hostile neighbor Germany. Those with wealth and power became consumed with the desire to preserve their wealth and power - at the expense of the country and everything else.

As a result, France began to decay from within like a rotten melon, greatly enhancing Germany's ability to waltz in and capture the country within a matter of days.

#894996 03/11/04 02:14 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
There are waiting lists for adoptions in our country. Birth mothers and/or social service agencies have to make tough choices. So whatâ??s your view of homosexuals adopting?

Gay Adoption Poll

Sexual preference should make no difference in selecting parents for an adoption

Heterosexual couples should be given some preference in adoption decisions

Homosexual couples should not be permitted to adopt children

None of the above

Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard