Originally posted by mmars:
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
The seperation of church and state is never stated in the constitution. If you can find it in there let me know.

The seperation of church and state was meant to protect religion from the state.. not the other way around.

Abortion is a whole other can of worms... but I think that should be illegal too so

Those exact words aren't used, but under the 1st Ammendment it actually does say:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Read the first section and tell me that doesn't basically say "separation of Church and state"? Derek?

Depends on how you interpret "an establishment of religion". The government makes no laws saying you must be catholic, you must be methodist... like old England did when it had the country's own church. It was their way or the highway. However Chrisianity is the basis of the US. People came here to practice religious freedom (freedom from the English Church, not christianity).

Of course no one can ever really know exactly what our founding fathers thought, but I can't believe they'd approve of some of the crap that's going on now-a-days.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"