Print Thread
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33
#894967 03/10/04 07:38 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
You must be blind to what is going on in America. It's called Judicial Tyranny. This is when the judges take their position of authority and abuse it, and out of one small court place a ruling on the whole country. It happened with abortion in the 70's and it is now happening with homo-marriage.

Doubtful the Supreme Court could be classified at "small." But what do I know, I'm blind.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
#894968 03/10/04 07:43 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
1:27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due., 1:31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful: 1:32 who, knowing the ordinance of God, that they that practise such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with them that practise them.

#894969 03/10/04 08:07 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Here is an interesting observation (IMO). Back when the Alabama judge put the Ten Commandments in the courthouse, he was hauled into court and fired for breaking the law. Fine, he broke the law (supposedly), so he got punished.

But, now that these mayors are marrying homosexuals AGAINST THE LAW, nothing is happening to them. Why not?

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
#894970 03/10/04 08:16 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Because law prohibiting gay marriages hasn't been enforcable in court.

Judge Moore got punished because he continued to refuse to obey a Court Order. If he had removed the stone as requested by the COURTS he would still have his job.

EDIT: Guess there is now at least one mayor in NY that was forbidden to marry gays.

Even still, it took MONTHS for Moore to receive ANY punishment or be REQUIRED to make any changes.

Last edited by daenku32; 03/10/04 08:18 PM.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
#894971 03/10/04 08:23 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by daenku32:
Because law prohibiting gay marriages hasn't been enforcable in court.

Judge Moore got punished because he continued to refuse to obey a Court Order. If he had removed the stone as requested by the COURTS he would still have his job.

Why isn't it enforceable? The law states that marriage is between a man and a woman (in California, at least). So, the gay marriages are against the law. Sounds cut and dry to me.

Right, he didn't remove the stone, so he got fired. I know that Gov. Arnold has told the mayor to stop giving out the licenses (because it is against the law), and the mayor hasn't stopped. My guess is that the only reason they haven't hauled them to court yet is because it isn't politically correct. At least the NY attorney general has taken some action against the guys in NY.

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
#894972 03/10/04 08:29 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
The way the catholic priest was allowed to molest so many young boy shows that not all Christians are good. That priest was a sick person and should have been fired and prosecuted after the first young boy reported him. Instead the church did nothing and a lot of young boys were exposed to the evil priest. The majority of Christians believe if you get saved you can sin all you want and still go to heaven. That is not true; the bible specifically states that you have to repent of your sins.

Similar things happen where I live. The police look the other way if the person is a born again Christian.

#894973 03/10/04 08:30 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Apples and oranges.

The case in Alabama involved a JUDGE intentionally and directly disobeying a COURT ORDER from a superior court directed directly to him which compelled him personally to act. Obviously if even our Judges refuse to obey court orders, the public cannot be expected to take them seriously either. This is especially worriesome when the Judge deies the court orders so openly and publicly.

To my knowledge, there has been no judicial decision or opinion prohibiting the mayors from doing what they are doing.

If and when an in injunction is granted prohibiting same sex marriages, any mayor who violates this injunction will absolutely be arrested.

#894974 03/10/04 08:42 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I swear if one more person brings up the seperation of church and state i'm gonna explode. If you're going to respond at least do so with some intelligence.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
#894975 03/10/04 09:02 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
I swear if one more person brings up the seperation of church and state i'm gonna explode. If you're going to respond at least do so with some intelligence.

How about this. This nation was founded on the belief that no one should be persecuted for their beliefs. Same sex marriages hurts NO ONE. You crap posted before is just propoganda, sorry. Anything can be interpreted to their views. Any good philosophy prof. can prove that.

And if there weren't separation of church and state, abortion would be illegal, amoung other things.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#894976 03/10/04 09:11 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
The seperation of church and state is never stated in the constitution. If you can find it in there let me know.

The seperation of church and state was meant to protect religion from the state.. not the other way around.

Abortion is a whole other can of worms... but I think that should be illegal too so

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard