#894957 03/10/04 03:31 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by cpurser:
Here is the correct link:

FAQ

That FAQ explains it better than I ever could.

The reasoning displayed in that piece is "interesting," to say the least.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
#894958 03/10/04 03:33 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I'll just take couple points:
Quote:

Here??s what is intolerant. Same-sex ??marriage? is being forced upon us by a small, but elite, group of individuals dressed in black robes??judges??who say that thousands of years of human history have simply been wrong. That is a very arrogant notion that will bring great harm to our culture.

Ok, so he doesn't respect US legal system as described by US Constitution.

Separation of Church and State means Constitution overrides any and all religious demands.

Why should the individuals gender dictate whom he or she may marry?

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
#894959 03/10/04 03:59 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i just think that decision shouldnt be made by the government but by the holy men of the many different religions. the way i see it marriage is suppose to be a religous ceramony not a government task so it shouldnt be up to the courts.

Ok jackass you obviously haven't read much of this thread so keep your mouth shut!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#894960 03/10/04 05:21 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
"Marriage" is a legal term, historically defined as a union between one man and one woman for the purpose of procreation. My problem is that a minority is attempting to redefine the term marriage. I have no problem whatsoever with "Legal Unions" between two consenting adults with all the rights of marriage(insurance, adoption, etc.)

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
#894961 03/10/04 05:36 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
The legal term of Marriage is not defined for the purpose of procreation. There are absolutely NO strings attached to Marriage that would force a couple to have children, nor is Marriage required to procreate.

The individuals and religions can keep a definition for Marriage whatever they choose to. Government can't change that. Churches and individuals are free to not accept any marriages at all. Gay or straight. They are free to accept marriages between blonds but deny marriages between redheads. Many already deny Marriages of people of different Religions.

Not a single individual or religion has ever been forced, legally, to participate in Marriage ceremony that they do not agree upon.

As far as minority changing the law; This is a Right that the Courts have. They have the power to struck down laws. Because it requires legistlation to prohibit gay marriages. It requires no legistlation to allow it.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
#894962 03/10/04 05:48 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
i just think that decision shouldnt be made by the government but by the holy men of the many different religions. the way i see it marriage is suppose to be a religous ceramony not a government task so it shouldnt be up to the courts.

Google is so cool.

Nowhere does it state what their religion was. The license was issued by the state/county. I know you can get married under the God of your choice, my grandparents did it after WWII to help get my grandfather into the US legally (he is Italian and was a POW).

The only marriage that is being tried for is the one that will let everyone, no matter their sexual orientation, be able to apply for one of these with the person that they love and want to spend the rest of their life with.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
#894963 03/10/04 05:55 PM
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
"Marriage" is a legal term, historically defined as a union between one man and one woman for the purpose of procreation. My problem is that a minority is attempting to redefine the term marriage. I have no problem whatsoever with "Legal Unions" between two consenting adults with all the rights of marriage(insurance, adoption, etc.)

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: mar·riage
Pronunciation: 'mer-ij, 'ma-rij
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons : WEDLOCK c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3 : an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry -- J. T. Shawcross>

Marriage is both! One is legally recognized the other is not! That's what they want fixed.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
#894964 03/10/04 06:01 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey All,

I just set up two polls and encourage you to vote on them. I think the results could be interesting.

Gay Marriage

Consitutional Ammendment Banning Gay Marriage

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#894965 03/10/04 06:54 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by daenku32:
I'll just take couple points:
Quote:

Here??s what is intolerant. Same-sex ??marriage? is being forced upon us by a small, but elite, group of individuals dressed in black robes??judges??who say that thousands of years of human history have simply been wrong. That is a very arrogant notion that will bring great harm to our culture.

Ok, so he doesn't respect US legal system as described by US Constitution.

Separation of Church and State means Constitution overrides any and all religious demands.

Why should the individuals gender dictate whom he or she may marry?

You must be blind to what is going on in America. It's called Judicial Tyranny. This is when the judges take their position of authority and abuse it, and out of one small court place a ruling on the whole country. It happened with abortion in the 70's and it is now happening with homo-marriage.

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
#894966 03/10/04 06:58 PM
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
So your objection is based mostly on historical connotations of a term?

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...
Page 9 of 33 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard