Originally posted by freakshow:
Common misconception there. That's very old school and not legal in Utah anymore. I lived there for 3 years and saw several news reports of men being arrested...kinda sad because I will never forget this one guy they busted with 9 wives and 63 kids.

I'd say I lean somewhat towards allowing gay marriages with some mixed views on the overall issue BUT one thing that sorta annoys me about this issue is people comparing gay rights to racial issues; apples to oranges. A person has no control over what race they are born. Homosexuals (regardless of whatever kind of BS research you wanna toss at me) CHOOSE to be that way...big difference IMO.

I stand corrected on Utah... some of my knowledge, is, admittedly, out of date.

But, there are a couple of things that I want to point out... homosexuality is NOT a preference. Just like you or I find women attractive, there are those who find the same sex attractive. It's inborn (not inbred, dammit! LOL), not a choice... it actually ticks me off when people say "it's a choice," but can't find a way to argue that hetero is just as much of a choice.

The reason playing the racial issue to the sexuality issue isn't that far from apples to apples. The "civil unions" theory is literally "separate but equal rights," which as we all know was played against race going back to the 50's and 60's. Same argument, same bull reason- fear. Gays are technically a minority, just like any non-caucasian person. Why discriminate (and I don't mean be prejudiced, I mean make a distinct separation between) between one and not the other? It just doesn't hold any water.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.