#894917 03/09/04 10:04 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
Originally posted by moxnix:
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
I'll just assume that you "stumbled" onto this site through a series of popups. blow up dolls are just one step shy of necrophilia

I don't think they use Pop up ads They are not blow up dolls. Check out the site and you will find out that they are even better than the blow up dolls that you have

you TOTALLY missed my point. And my s/n is carpepoon, not carpesilicone

Missed it ? I don't think so. Ignored it completely ? Yes that I did.

Tried to sidetrack this dicussion before it got nasty ? Yep guilty on that one also

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
#894918 03/09/04 10:13 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
Separation of church and state - try to find it in the constitution.

Way to go dude. I've been trying to find a link like that for a long time. *right-click, Add to Favorites*

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
#894919 03/09/04 10:16 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:
Obviously if you have ever read through our constitution, you would know that the United States was without a doubt NOT "founded on religion".

Founded on religious freedom, just not a STATE religion like the Church of England, which was exactly the model that the Founding Fathers were avoiding. BUT...you'd better believe that Christianity was first and foremost in their minds. I was in the historic district in Philadelphia a few weeks back, where the documents that form the basis of our national government were written, and there are paintings and illustrations of those men, in the room that they debated and worked in, all praying before beginning their work.

It's not like George W. Bush is making all this stuff up. And he's no religious kook in the White House...every president has invoked God's guidance and grace for the nation.

I still think that the feds should stay out of marriage "administration", though.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#894920 03/09/04 10:19 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
i think gay marriages should be allowed...i mean, why not? let them! here are some of the arguments refuting gay marriage, and my thoughts on them:
-marriage is a "holy" thing....and gays should not be allowed to be married  
ok, well atheists get married, should we not allow aitheists to get married? the church can do whatever the hell they want, but city hall marries people, regardless of their religious affiliation.

-being gay isnt natural, and gays should not be allowed to be married.
technically, this is true (im assuming you know that being gay PROBABLY has something to do with genes, and is NOT choice. i've come to this conclusion from talking to one of my gay friends at school.). anyways, being gay technically ISNT natural, i mean, the one of the purposes of our existence is to procreate, and gay men and women obviously cant do that. but that doesnt mean it is wrong...its just the way things are. also, its not like homosexuality is limited to humans- there have been many instances of homosexual animals as well.
consider mentally retarded people (not that gays and mentally retarded people have anything in common...but that they are both instances of something that is technically "unnatural"). mentally retarded people are obviously not TECHNICALLY natural, but that doesnt mean that just because a person is mentally retarted, we deny them the right to marry.
i dont know, those are just a few of my jumbled thoughts
just wanted to get you guys thinking

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#894921 03/09/04 10:19 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
It has nothing to do with morals, religion, or personal opinion of any kind. You really think the government would go to this length to ban something as harmless as this? Its all about the money, there is something in the minds of our political leaders that is holding them from giving in. You never know what kinds of things people can do, for immigration purposes, people can be desperate enough to claim they are gay (not act upon it), and get married legally just to stay in the country. It could be for lowered healthcare for these supposed "couples" and so on. It offers a new way of cheating the government out of money, and that is whats on their minds at all times. We cant be blind enough to think its about personal opinions. Im not even going to get into the war in Iraq.

2001 BMW 325i Sport, Stickshift '96 Mercury Mystique V6 *TOTALLED* For sale: Alpine CDA-9811 Eclipse Amplifier Pioneer Tweeters
#894922 03/09/04 10:24 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by MercuryMystik99:
It has nothing to do with morals, religion, or personal opinion of any kind. You really think the government would go to this length to ban something as harmless as this? Its all about the money, there is something in the minds of our political leaders that is holding them from giving in. You never know what kinds of things people can do, for immigration purposes, people can be desperate enough to claim they are gay (not act upon it), and get married legally just to stay in the country. It could be for lowered healthcare for these supposed "couples" and so on. It offers a new way of cheating the government out of money, and that is whats on their minds at all times. We cant be blind enough to think its about personal opinions. Im not even going to get into the war in Iraq.

i think thats a valid point, people could try to take advantage of it, etc.

but you have to admit that it DOES have to do with morals, religion, etc, for some people....

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#894923 03/09/04 10:27 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Here's my thinking on another (related) topic: adoption by homosexuals.

I do not doubt that there are many homosexual couples that could provide far superior environments for children than they currently have. But the real question is whether there is solid evidence to show this makes sense as a general idea.

Homosexuality is not unlike any other behavior in that it results from a complex interaction of genetic propensity and environmental experiences. (Incidentally, the same could be said of other traits like heterosexuality, frugality, aggressiveness, religiosity, and attraction to new technologies.) We may debate about the exact role of upbringing and socialization (nature versus nurture), but one would be a fool to completely discount one or the other.

As for gay parents, there is (to my knowledge) no body of research that tells us how adopted children turn out. This is because there are not that many children of gay parents. In the future, we may have more understanding of this. If research shows positive effects, then I say promote the policy nation-wide. But for the sake of children, let's take a ??wait and see? attitude.

Nonetheless, as a matter of common sense, I expect there are definite drawbacks to gay adoption. And these drawbacks have to do with gender socialization. Parents are a major source of socialization for children. Little girls (for example) benefit greatly from the presence of a feminine figure in the home. Moreover, little boys themselves benefit from having a mom (or female guardian) present. Ask any mother whether ??dad is unnecessary? and/or she [the mother] can completely substitute for the absence of a masculine role model. I think the answer is common sense. Little boys and girls need a mom and a dad. Ask a child, if you doubt that!

When my three year old is injured, he prefers to be held and comforted by his mother. She is softer, has a more soothing voice, and makes him feel a little more secure than I (as a man) do. Perhaps this has something to do with having been breast fed for one year. Who knows! Anyway, there are times in which little ??Sumi? really wants mom. Dad is a second best choice for him.

And then there are times when my little one really wants/needs the attention of dad. I remember him sitting on my lap a few weeks ago whilst I carved a wooden sword (out of firewood) and used sand paper to smooth it. He wanted to talk to ME about sword fighting and competition. His mother would have been a second choice.

When I come home from work late at night, both my boys run down stairs and excitedly announce, ??Daddy's home!? I??m not just some ??parental unit,? neutered, without a gender. My children know about gender differences, celebrate, and embrace them. Little ??Sumi? (my three year old) sometimes feels my unshaved face and calls it ??porcupine hair.? He then feels his mother??s face and is fascinated by the difference. He is not oppressed by sexism at all. Ask kids about this. Ask them if mom or dad is irrelevant.

In my life, I have encountered a number of little children who live in a single-parent household (usually mother only). It never ceases to amaze me how a little girl longs for a real dad in the family. This is not abnormal. It is very natural. Even a little girl longs for a masculine figure in her family. She wants dad to read her the story of the three little pigs, not just mommy. She wants to rough house with dad and misses him when he??s away late at the office.

I think what we really forget in this debate is the precious little children. Little children want mom AND dad. And they want plenty of quality time from both parents. That makes them happy.

Second, there is the possibility that a gay couple would encourage or even intentionally socialize their child into a homosexual lifestyle. This is not desirable. Sex between males leads to well-known physical ailments, unlike sex between couples of the opposite sex. I realize that ANY sex is risky these days, but there are obvious distinctions here. The male species is not physically equipped to be the long-term recipient of sexual acts by other males. And that is why practicing homosexual males have higher rates of fistulotomies and colo-rectal cancer (two examples).

What goes on between two consenting adults is entirely their own business. However, as a society, we should be promoting healthy behavior. Generally speaking, heterosexual sex is less risky than homosexual sex. Therefore, I would oppose any policy that promoted (through socialization) a higher rate of homosexual behavior. And homosexual adoption just might do that. But again, I would wait to have this hunch confirmed in studies, before I made any firm conclusions.

And by the way, let me just make one thing clear. This is not an either/or deal. Many people fall somewhere between exclusive heterosexuality and homosexuality. As adults, it doesn??t matter whether you??re fond of latex, S&M, or silk stockings. However, when it comes to children, I think it does matter what sort of messages we send them and the sort of behavior we promote.

Sincerely,

Scott

#894924 03/09/04 10:31 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
very well said.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#894925 03/09/04 10:41 PM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Nate S:
very well said.

Good job.

Chad Purser 2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed manual formerly '98 Silver SVT
#894926 03/09/04 10:57 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by bishop375:

It's allowed in Utah.

Common misconception there. That's very old school and not legal in Utah anymore. I lived there for 3 years and saw several news reports of men being arrested...kinda sad because I will never forget this one guy they busted with 9 wives and 63 kids.

Originally posted by bishop375:

And, the "gay populus" as you put it wants marriage rights because that's exactly what they are- RIGHTS, HUMAN F*CKING RIGHTS. The goverment is telling them that they're less than human because they're not hetero. Might as well tell a Black couple they can't be married because they're Black

I'd say I lean somewhat towards allowing gay marriages with some mixed views on the overall issue BUT one thing that sorta annoys me about this issue is people comparing gay rights to racial issues; apples to oranges. A person has no control over what race they are born. Homosexuals (regardless of whatever kind of BS research you wanna toss at me) CHOOSE to be that way...big difference IMO.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard