Print Thread
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
Originally posted by Jason43:
Why not just take the easy route and have a place make a batch of black reflector headlights(i.e. Hightowers)? As hard as it is to tear them apart, paint them, and get them back together without them looking like a$$, there would be more than enough people willing to buy them(myself included). I would think all the shop would have to do is make molds from existing parts(thus keeping the price down), correct me if I'm wrong.

Jason, I think the tough part about that is being able to reseal 100% of them properly or else you'll end up with another Milan Motorsports fiasco....

I don't mean have a place tear appart the old lights and paint them, but make completely new lights(using the stockers to make molds). I just think this sounds alot more realistic and would have better chance of actually seeing production than a completely new design.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
hehe read this post fully. Might have to say that im in too....Good Luck.

2005 Nissan Sentra Spec V
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Already have hightowers.....still want morettes

98 3.0 svt: Sold
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Already have hightowers.....still want morettes

You and me both!

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I'm real interested in those headlights. I got water in one of mine while wet-sanding and now it's all foggy on the inside. I'd hate to have to take them apart but if I do than I might as well just paint them and forget the new lights all together. I know it cant be easy for a regular guy to put something into production but do we have an updated status?

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
When I say we are going back and forth, I mean there is a communication gap on this project. I tell a guy what I want. He tells his guy who tell the engineers. Along the way, ideas are interpreted differently. Pictures are seen differently. To top this off, the engineers have to work within specifications because of many reasons such as durability, heat, wall thickness, strength, etc...When they send me something to look at, I have to tell them what is wrong with it. At first it was very frustrating because it seemed like no one was listening. Now we are atleast getting close to the same page. Now my frustration is due to how long it is takeing. I wish I would have known a few things before I started this so it could have gone smoother, but live and learn, right? The people who are unbelievers are entitled to their opinion. Personally, if this does not work it is a great failure on my part. I have way too much in this to let it go.

Here is your most up to date status

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Just noticed this post is still in my favorites....guessing it died :-\...no morettes? aww hehe

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by BigT:
Just noticed this post is still in my favorites....guessing it died :-\...no morettes? aww hehe

I hope not I really want a set after seeing the other contour with them in another post. Please dont give up!
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by tropictour:

I hope not I really want a set after seeing the other contour with them in another post. Please dont give up!
-tropictour

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by tropictour:

-tropictour

Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard