Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Manfre:
Would it be possible to fit the Hellas in a 97 tour headlight assembly?

If so then Id be willing to try my hand at fabricating a pair for my car. Bondo is my friend and Im pretty sure that once I got the Hellas mounted in the headlight I could just fill the empty space with bondo so it looks somewhat like the ones that are being made for the 98+ tours.

Unless I can somehow use the stock lense with the hella lights. I dont think itd really work out though cause they arent clear headlights and there would probably be a lot of distortion. But I could router out a hole for the hellas to use similiar to that of the Integra lights. Then sand down the part of the lense that is just used as filler and paint it black or the body color.

I would say Ill manufacture them for everyone, but Im not a huge machine shop or anything.

What do the pre 98 tour owners think of this? I already know how to take the lense off the headlights as Ive done this about half a dozen times (3 sets of headlights) and currently have a set of old ones I can play with that Im not using.

Gears are turning.

I have the left side almost completely built for a pre-98, turn signal included. It is home to a set of lowbeam and highbeam Hella 90mms (they are mounted onto an aluminum plate, not the cover). The turn signals are 90mm too, but they are modified pieces that I had lying around (`67 Dodge pickup for those who know what they look like), they are next to the grille. The park lamp is along the bottom, 1/4" tall, LEDs there. The original parklamp, is now home to the DRL module, it is going to be a 5w Luxeon star. If I can find the digicam, I will post a pic.

So see, the pre-98s arent doing too shabby, considering we already have a piece mocked up for a car.

Oh, 98LXSESport, just a heads up. Putting the lamps into tubes like that, you will need to modify the cutoff shield inside the lowbeam to keep the light pattern from reflecting off of the tube. Pushing the lamps as far forward as possible will help with (if not eliminate since the 98+ lamps are bigger) this problem. Just figured you would like to know before you have people mentioning that they are experiencing glare.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Heads up, I gave the headlights to Rich, things are a go since he has the Hellas. . .Morette's here we come.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Heads up, I gave the headlights to Rich, things are a go since he has the Hellas. . .Morette's here we come.

YAY!

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
E
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
E
when do you think these headlights will be done?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by enigma11211:
when do you think these headlights will be done?

They are working on them, there is not exact time frame for these.

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I do not know how long the process takes to go from idea to headlight. I think the B/S is over and we are down to the nitty gritty. I wish I had more news, but I will keep everyone posted.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Any updates?

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by thejms:
Any updates?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I emailed my guy today to get on his ass for taking so long. He has had the OEMs for three weeks now and he emails me with questions sometimes, but I still have no idea when to expect them. He sure does not mind takeing my money though. I think my next update will be with some pictures.

I have found a Hella dealer who can sell the lights we are going to use cheaper than ralleylights.com. It is not much cheaper, but twenty bucks is twenty bucks. I think he is in town too, so I will not have to pay extra for shipping. That means I get to pass the savings on to you.

Keep your eyes peeled guys and gals. I hope to have lights on cars before July. I still do not have a price yet because I do not know exactly how much it will cost in the end.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
I emailed my guy today to get on his ass for taking so long. He has had the OEMs for three weeks now and he emails me with questions sometimes, but I still have no idea when to expect them. He sure does not mind takeing my money though. I think my next update will be with some pictures.

I have found a Hella dealer who can sell the lights we are going to use cheaper than ralleylights.com. It is not much cheaper, but twenty bucks is twenty bucks. I think he is in town too, so I will not have to pay extra for shipping. That means I get to pass the savings on to you.

Keep your eyes peeled guys and gals. I hope to have lights on cars before July. I still do not have a price yet because I do not know exactly how much it will cost in the end.

Shibby....keep it up!

Page 12 of 22 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard