Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by johnnyblazed7697:
i want a set so when they ready let me know and i wanna see a pic of them when they done

There won't be a memo sent out saying "hey they're done" so just keep an eye out for this thread..

Mark

I know where I'll be checking daily. Pant, pant, pant

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by Manfre:
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
I think ssmumich00 pretty much covered it. I may have found a guy to get me a set of hellas ahead of all the rest. It is going to cost me twice as much, but I am going crazy waiting for these lights. I will definetly let you guys know when something happens.

In response to a question before. Conectors for the H9 bulbs are sold separately, but I will probably just sell them together since everyone will need them. The Hellas do not work with our OEM bulbs from what I understand. You will need to cut the OEM connectors and add the H9 connectors. Once I get a better idea about how these connectors work, I will address this further. Has anyone seen anyone else that sells these connectors besides susquehanna.com? I would just like to find the best price for us all.

Would it be possible to fit the Hellas in a 97 tour headlight assembly?

If so then Id be willing to try my hand at fabricating a pair for my car. Bondo is my friend and Im pretty sure that once I got the Hellas mounted in the headlight I could just fill the empty space with bondo so it looks somewhat like the ones that are being made for the 98+ tours.

Unless I can somehow use the stock lense with the hella lights. I dont think itd really work out though cause they arent clear headlights and there would probably be a lot of distortion. But I could router out a hole for the hellas to use similiar to that of the Integra lights. Then sand down the part of the lense that is just used as filler and paint it black or the body color.

I would say Ill manufacture them for everyone, but Im not a huge machine shop or anything.

What do the pre 98 tour owners think of this? I already know how to take the lense off the headlights as Ive done this about half a dozen times (3 sets of headlights) and currently have a set of old ones I can play with that Im not using.

Gears are turning.

anything is possible with enough work. If I can sell enough of the 98+, my next logical step is the -98. they look simpler to manufacturer, but I would still need 150 orders. That is a crap load of people willing to drop some dough on headlights.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
You can mark me down. When you say hella's, are they the projector style or the conventional style? Also, how many people are getting the lights so far? I really hope those lights get made! I've been wanting to replace mine for a while now!
Sean

'99 Silver SVT Contour (2000 miles since June, now needs new front brakes and bearings) '98 CBR900RR Again (Put away for the winter)
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I think everyone is waiting for a picture of the finished product before they commit. The Hellas are the Projectors. If you wanted to pay for the HIDs, they would also fit.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
yup, i'm just waiting for finished product pictures to see if i want in or not.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I think ssmumich00 pretty much covered it. I may have found a guy to get me a set of hellas ahead of all the rest. It is going to cost me twice as much, but I am going crazy waiting for these lights. I will definetly let you guys know when something happens.

In response to a question before. Conectors for the H9 bulbs are sold separately, but I will probably just sell them together since everyone will need them. The Hellas do not work with our OEM bulbs from what I understand. You will need to cut the OEM connectors and add the H9 connectors. Once I get a better idea about how these connectors work, I will address this further. Has anyone seen anyone else that sells these connectors besides susquehanna.com? I would just like to find the best price for us all.

Would it be possible to fit the Hellas in a 97 tour headlight assembly?

If so then Id be willing to try my hand at fabricating a pair for my car. Bondo is my friend and Im pretty sure that once I got the Hellas mounted in the headlight I could just fill the empty space with bondo so it looks somewhat like the ones that are being made for the 98+ tours.

Unless I can somehow use the stock lense with the hella lights. I dont think itd really work out though cause they arent clear headlights and there would probably be a lot of distortion. But I could router out a hole for the hellas to use similiar to that of the Integra lights. Then sand down the part of the lense that is just used as filler and paint it black or the body color.

I would say Ill manufacture them for everyone, but Im not a huge machine shop or anything.

What do the pre 98 tour owners think of this? I already know how to take the lense off the headlights as Ive done this about half a dozen times (3 sets of headlights) and currently have a set of old ones I can play with that Im not using.

Gears are turning.

anything is possible with enough work. If I can sell enough of the 98+, my next logical step is the -98. they look simpler to manufacturer, but I would still need 150 orders. That is a crap load of people willing to drop some dough on headlights.

150 orders!!

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G

150 orders!!

Good luck! It'll be extremely difficult to get that!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
LMAO 150? You can't even get 20 for mirko splitters.

Do you think this is clubsi.com

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I think it will be easeier to take the 98+ lights to market. I also have a 98 so they work for me. I am planning on selling 30+ to CEG users. I will be selling them on a website for considerably more money to the rest of the public. If I thought I could sell many 97-, I would start the process now. Unfortunately, I will probably make something for a Camaro or Accord (something more marketable). To be honest, I have concerns about selling enough for the 98+ to cover my costs. If not, I will have to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on with my life. Like I said before, I am commited to getting these lights out ASAP.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I think it will be easeier to take the 98+ lights to market. I also have a 98 so they work for me. I am planning on selling 30+ to CEG users. I will be selling them on a website for considerably more money to the rest of the public. If I thought I could sell many 97-, I would start the process now. Unfortunately, I will probably make something for a Camaro or Accord (something more marketable). To be honest, I have concerns about selling enough for the 98+ to cover my costs. If not, I will have to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on with my life. Like I said before, I am commited to getting these lights out ASAP.

Personally I dont think you will have an issue selling the 98+. Ebay is your friend, and make sure you advertise you site I know if all goes well I will spread the word and I am sure other CEGers will to.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard