Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Sorry for the stupid question guys but will these headlights work off of the stock wiring harness or will they require a balast to fire them?

They will work withthe stock wiring.

I wish I could offer some sort of compensation for the donor pair of headlights. All I can offer is to buy them for a reasonable price. I don't think you guys realise how much these are going to cost me. I am not trying to make money here, but I am also not trying to lose money. I am going to charge everyone the cost for me to make them. I will be paying just as much for my set as everyone else.

Any help from borrowing a pair of headlights would be greatly appreciated. I can return them after my tools are made.

Well what exactly are you needing? Do you need the headlights in one piece? I have a spare set that the lenses are chopped off of that could be put back on ofcourse, but I won't need them after I get my Hightower lights put back together.. Let me know when you need them and if they will work if they are already taken apart.. Might just give them away!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
SSMUMICH00 has graciously offered to let me borrow his headlights for the molds. Now I am just waiting for the Hellas. I am on multiple waiting lists to get the high and low beam 90mm conversion lights. Everyone is backordered. If anyone knows someone who has a set in stock or for sell, I will pay cash yesterday. Some good news: I have found a distributor that will sell these a little cheaper, since I will be buying so many. That is assuming Hella can supply our demand. Now it is time to hurry up and wait.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
So any good news on the headlights? Did you get SSMumich00's headlights yet? Find anything out about the Hella's?

Mark

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
we're waiting on the hella's, as soon as he gets 'em, my lights are packaged and ready to go, AND SHIPMENT IS OUTTA Houston and on to OK.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
NICE!! So he's just buying 1 set for now and making a test model correct? You'd think they could send out one friggin' set of lights.. What a business!

Mark

J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
i want a set so when they ready let me know and i wanna see a pic of them when they done

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by johnnyblazed7697:
i want a set so when they ready let me know and i wanna see a pic of them when they done

There won't be a memo sent out saying "hey they're done" so just keep an eye out for this thread..

Mark

lighs look sweet to bad im pushing an 97 still, but hope to soon step up to an 00 whenever i find a more stable job.(for more than 6 months ) lol

97 Contour GL White Still Factory Like Condition cyberwhite driving lamps ....KEPT IT GENUWINE.
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I think ssmumich00 pretty much covered it. I may have found a guy to get me a set of hellas ahead of all the rest. It is going to cost me twice as much, but I am going crazy waiting for these lights. I will definetly let you guys know when something happens.

In response to a question before. Conectors for the H9 bulbs are sold separately, but I will probably just sell them together since everyone will need them. The Hellas do not work with our OEM bulbs from what I understand. You will need to cut the OEM connectors and add the H9 connectors. Once I get a better idea about how these connectors work, I will address this further. Has anyone seen anyone else that sells these connectors besides susquehanna.com? I would just like to find the best price for us all.

Last edited by 98LXSESport; 04/14/04 05:27 AM.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
I think ssmumich00 pretty much covered it. I may have found a guy to get me a set of hellas ahead of all the rest. It is going to cost me twice as much, but I am going crazy waiting for these lights. I will definetly let you guys know when something happens.

In response to a question before. Conectors for the H9 bulbs are sold separately, but I will probably just sell them together since everyone will need them. The Hellas do not work with our OEM bulbs from what I understand. You will need to cut the OEM connectors and add the H9 connectors. Once I get a better idea about how these connectors work, I will address this further. Has anyone seen anyone else that sells these connectors besides susquehanna.com? I would just like to find the best price for us all.

Would it be possible to fit the Hellas in a 97 tour headlight assembly?

If so then Id be willing to try my hand at fabricating a pair for my car. Bondo is my friend and Im pretty sure that once I got the Hellas mounted in the headlight I could just fill the empty space with bondo so it looks somewhat like the ones that are being made for the 98+ tours.

Unless I can somehow use the stock lense with the hella lights. I dont think itd really work out though cause they arent clear headlights and there would probably be a lot of distortion. But I could router out a hole for the hellas to use similiar to that of the Integra lights. Then sand down the part of the lense that is just used as filler and paint it black or the body color.

I would say Ill manufacture them for everyone, but Im not a huge machine shop or anything.

What do the pre 98 tour owners think of this? I already know how to take the lense off the headlights as Ive done this about half a dozen times (3 sets of headlights) and currently have a set of old ones I can play with that Im not using.

Gears are turning.

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard