Print Thread
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Take a look behind the headlight:

To the left? Fuse box, thick bundle of wiring and battery.

yeah, there isnt a "direct" shot back to the filter but i was aiming for the right side of that larger hole with the projector pushed to the left. if the battery isnt there like on the car that i am looking at it would create quite a cooling breeze to the filter. all that aside, like i have said before i am not expecting to put these into production. it is just a cool little project.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Originally posted by mikey boy:

Also, adding the vent only complicates the design (turn signal relocation and wiring) and drives up the price.

Uhm the vent (functional or not) and turn signal relocation is what made the headlight something to buy, otherwise its just the same morette headlight.

Uhm and we can buy the Morette headlights for Contours where?

Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
The design has been totally changed to what works. The headlights will be replicas of the exsisting Morette style.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by mikey boy:
yeah, there isnt a "direct" shot back to the filter but i was aiming for the right side of that larger hole with the projector pushed to the left. if the battery isnt there like on the car that i am looking at it would create quite a cooling breeze to the filter. all that aside, like i have said before i am not expecting to put these into production. it is just a cool little project.

Yeah, I know mikeyboy - I wasn't trying to knock your creativity.

I think if the battery were relocated and the wires tied down out of the way, it would work effectively.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
really man i took no offense. your cool. besides, being critical drives ideas and solutions. the process that i have for creating these might lead to some real pre 98 lights at least for my car.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by thejms:
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

Uhm the vent (functional or not) and turn signal relocation is what made the headlight something to buy, otherwise its just the same morette headlight.

And just that same morette headlight is what everyone wants. The vent made it different, but any change from the OEM headlight is for the better IMO.

I agree plus it doesn't look like Mikey boy is looking to mass manufacture. I'd be glad to have "just another morette headlight". Anything (almost) is better than what we have now. I'm looking forward to seeing what 98LXSESport comes up with and what kind of money he's talking.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 03/30/04 01:13 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Update:

Sorry for the delay.

The design has been totally changed to what works. The headlights will be replicas of the exsisting Morette style. They will be changed to fit the Hella 90mm lights. I am sending OEM lights and the Hella lights to my manufacturer as soon as I can get them. Everybody is out of stock of the Hella 90mm and I still do not have a set of OEM Headlights. The Turnaround should be less than 3 months. Optimisticall, I hope to have headlight assemblies within a month. You all know what the Morettes look like and from reading I think it will be the easiest to sell. This is costing me alot of money, and I have to sell a crap load of these to break even. Hella has not been very helpful on bringing the price down on the lights, so these will be half the cost. These will fit American 98+ Ford Contours.

P.S. Any help with OEM headlights or Hella 90mm would be greatly appreciated.

I can donate the OEM headlights for some sort of compensation, whether it's test fitting the Original Ones or getting a pair in place. . .

As for the Hella 90mm. . .buy 'em from Susquehanna, rally lights!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sorry for the stupid question guys but will these headlights work off of the stock wiring harness or will they require a balast to fire them?

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
as far as the vents go...why couldn't you use some false covers such as the ones on the newer grand am gt hood scoops...? Pontiac has been doing that for years. I like the look of the vents false or not...$.02

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Sorry for the stupid question guys but will these headlights work off of the stock wiring harness or will they require a balast to fire them?

They will work withthe stock wiring.

I wish I could offer some sort of compensation for the donor pair of headlights. All I can offer is to buy them for a reasonable price. I don't think you guys realise how much these are going to cost me. I am not trying to make money here, but I am also not trying to lose money. I am going to charge everyone the cost for me to make them. I will be paying just as much for my set as everyone else.

Any help from borrowing a pair of headlights would be greatly appreciated. I can return them after my tools are made.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I don't think you guys realise how much these are going to cost me. I am not trying to make money here, but I am also not trying to lose money. I am going to charge everyone the cost for me to make them. I will be paying just as much for my set as everyone else.

Any help from borrowing a pair of headlights would be greatly appreciated. I can return them after my tools are made.

I do not have a pair of headlamps to lend, but if I can help in any way let me know. I will do my best to help in any way to get something like this off the ground to help.

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard