Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:

Would the vent on the drivers side line up with the factory ducting, creating a "ram-air" effect

as good of an idea that is...wouldnt that be an issue with rain im in hawaii and it rains all the time out here. just a thought....however i like the sketch from mikey and although im not partial to the vent, if its somewhat sedate and that eyebrow turns out...it will be sick and i will still be in. keep up the good work

E0 silver #185 *3L hybrid+lots of mods DYNO(moderate tune): 205 whp/ 190ftlb http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/449801
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by parkedcar:
I like the idea but if dean is going to stick with his plans, i will be going with him. If not, then obviously you will be the only other option. I am not a fan of the LED holes at all though. i dont think it goes with the car. also i think that they should be more to the side rather than crammed up front because that leaves too much dead space on the sides. Thats just my oppinion though.
Oh, and are the Hellas a projector light or just a regular lamp? can wee see a pic of the lights you have in mind?

I talked to Dean the other day and this is what he said about the lights:

as far as the headlights. yes i am still going thru the process and its taking a lot longer than i thought it would, but i hope to have something in production by years end at the latest. we can do 1-offs, but thats way too expensive and i know nobody wants to dump too much $ on a set of lights.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Well, there could be a little slit in the bottom to let rain water run off if you hooked up some type of ram-air I think its great that we have (2) long-time CEG-ers working on headlights, good job guys

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
update?

-the impatient kid

Diesel owns you
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mikey boy:

I am in once I can see a finished product. I have been watching this post for a while and it is starting to look more and more promising.

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G

Take a look behind the headlight:

I have circled the area the vent would be - nothing but metal behind it.

To the left? Fuse box, thick bundle of wiring and battery.

IMHO, I don't see how this vent is going to do much good other than collect dirt and dust into your engine bay - there would be minimal to no gain from having a vent in the headlight.

Also, adding the vent only complicates the design (turn signal relocation and wiring) and drives up the price.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Update:

Sorry for the delay.

The design has been totally changed to what works. The headlights will be replicas of the exsisting Morette style. They will be changed to fit the Hella 90mm lights. I am sending OEM lights and the Hella lights to my manufacturer as soon as I can get them. Everybody is out of stock of the Hella 90mm and I still do not have a set of OEM Headlights. The Turnaround should be less than 3 months. Optimisticall, I hope to have headlight assemblies within a month. You all know what the Morettes look like and from reading I think it will be the easiest to sell. This is costing me alot of money, and I have to sell a crap load of these to break even. Hella has not been very helpful on bringing the price down on the lights, so these will be half the cost. These will fit American 98+ Ford Contours.

P.S. Any help with OEM headlights or Hella 90mm would be greatly appreciated.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

Also, adding the vent only complicates the design (turn signal relocation and wiring) and drives up the price.

Uhm the vent (functional or not) and turn signal relocation is what made the headlight something to buy, otherwise its just the same morette headlight.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
yes, but it's not like we have morette lights to begin with.
I like both ideas, but I think I would be more inclined to purchase the normal ones IMO

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

Uhm the vent (functional or not) and turn signal relocation is what made the headlight something to buy, otherwise its just the same morette headlight.

And just that same morette headlight is what everyone wants. The vent made it different, but any change from the OEM headlight is for the better IMO.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard