Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
Who's doing them in Houston?

I've got a spare set of OEM ones for a donor fit.

Questions, since I've been down this road:

(1) Fit is important, OEM is best. You do realize that A LOT of cutting will have to be done to the car to fit the 90mm in there, UNLESS they push the actual lighting assembly out farther.

(2) 90mm Hella is best, what bulb assemblies will be accepted? H7, H9, etc.?

(3) SEAL. If these can be OEM sealed, AWESOME.

(4) PRICE. $350 is dirt cheap for a lighting assembly like that INCLUDING the Hella's.

I have MM Xenons, love them to death, and they work fabulously ONCE I sealed everything, but that was a trial and error thing.

Here's an idea of what fitment with the hella's in low and high look like:

As for buying tons of sets, I'm sure EVERY 98+ would buy them here if they're at $350 per light, because OEM are $250 per light (so ~$500 total OEM vs. ~$700 for these).

Suneil

The guy that wants to do them is actually in Oklahoma. The Idea is to have the whole assembly fit like OEM, but it is a custom assembly so fitment of the Hellas is easy. Basically the assembly is designed around the lights. The low beam is projector. These are the lights I think will work best. These use the H9 bulb and adjuster screws.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

Again, price is not concrete yet. Hella has not responded to my email. You would think they would want to sell 400 lights.

I know the trun signal is not the best. I just don't know how else to do it.

I am definetly interested in buying your old pair. I want to send it to the mfg as soon as possible. Send me a message and let me know what you want for them. I am in the Galleria area and I can come get them.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
if its around $350.00 including the lights, i am in, and i like the idea of the leds wraping around it more... count me in!

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er

What should I do about the trun signal?
Keep it the way it is
Wrap the LEDs around and add more lights
Add another patch of LEDs to the side of the assembly
Screw the LEDs and have no turn signal

K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
if its around $350.00 including the lights, i am in, and i like the idea of the leds wraping around it more... count me in!

Me too!!

Hard Core CEG'er
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I've got an additional set of scratched up headlights from my accident a few months ago. Let me know if you want them.

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by KarlosSVT:

Me too!!

Same here!!!!! I'd like to go with Dean, but it doesn't sound like he's into it as much as before. I understand he's very busy, but I think alot of people were looking to him to come up with something. If he does, then we'll have to choose.

Are the lights gonna have any kind of covers? If they're paintable, what about the lights--paint before installing the lights/LED's?

Last edited by wa2tuff; 03/09/04 12:13 AM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:
<
<p>What should I do about the trun signal?

LED's have got to go. I'm a DEAN supporter and I think what he was doing is hte best possible answer to our headlight issues. CEG has spoken since I joined, back in 2000, about wanting Morette style lights.

People want these, look at the posts to D.J.'s thread.

It looks like you need to sell a minimum of 100 pairs of these in order for the cost to stay relatively low. If you stick with the Morette style you will sell that 100 without a problem.

The pic below is perfect for what I want. Stick the refelctor on the side where it belongs or rig up somthing like this photoshop that has a vent for a performance boost. If you make a vent you will sell more of these, Why you ask?, because people who are performance mod based not asthetics mod based will want these as well! You would be reaching a larger base of consumers.

ABS plastic please so it can take a rock and this will definitely need to be paintable! Any chance of a clear plastic cover lens to protect the lamps?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
<<<VERY Interested, just need final details!!!! I do agree about the LED's though... screw them or make a lens for them! Yet, either way, i'm interested!~!~!

MY TOYS 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR 2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
If Morette style is what everyone wants, then these guys will make them. I will need some very good pictures of them so I can make a 3D of them. I have not seen detailed pics of a set yet. It seems almost unanymous to redesign the turn signal, so I am back to the Drawing board so to speak.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by KarlosSVT:

Me too!!

Same here!!!!! I'd like to go with Dean, but it doesn't sound like he's into it as much as before. I understand he's very busy, but I think alot of people were looking to him to come up with something. If he does, then we'll have to choose.

Are the lights gonna have any kind of covers? If they're paintable, what about the lights--paint before installing the lights/LED's?

Like the Morettes there is no lense. The lights are not permanetly fixed, so you will be able to remove them for painting. ABS is deffinetly the way I want to go with these.

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard