Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

Although, this is the man that gave me some bull about them using "lasers" instead of radar and that it wouldn't work. What a load of crap that was..

Umm... You do know that they use lasers now, right? And that your chances of detecting one and stopping before the cop catches you are extremely small because the detector only goes off when the cop has already lit you up.

I regularly speed 25+ over, never ever go less than 10 over (except at night where I do my best not to exceed 10 over), and have only received one ticket in 7 years. And I've never had a radar/laser detector either.

Your eyes can usually see further than a detector can detect or a cop can light you up, and you just gotta slow down as you crest a hill (which anyone should be doing anyhow).

Only thing I worry about are cops behind me and undercover cops. And 95% of the time that's nothing that a sticker showing your support of law enforcement, a military dependent ID (expired by now) conspicuously placed in the same holder as your license, and making their job as easy as possible can't handle.

More than once I've gotten out of ticket because I did everything possible to make thier job easy. Pull off the road as much as you possibly can, turn your wheels in towards the shoulder, immediately roll down your window, turn on your interior lights, turn off you car and place your keys on the dash and both hands on the top of the wheel, and do not move to retrieve any documents or you wallet until he/she asks you to. On several occassions I've had officers comment on my thoroughness -- which gives me an opportunity to mention my grandfather and father who both work/ed in law enforcement, which is almost always a ticket out of things (no pun intended).

BRAVO Sigma! Well stated. I follow the same regiment.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R