Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Man WNY Cops pull me over for LEGAL WINDOW TINTS, and I'm surprised I have yet to be found speeding. Damn cops, I say fight it with someone who knows someone so to speak, if you can't do that, well then buddy, chances are you're paying that fine.

..Damn Cops

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
SInce W. Virginia and Virginia are 2 different states, will the points transfer? I know if I get caught in WV, those points will not tranfer to my PA license. Then again, I would probably be arrested since I'm a Yank.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Renee:
It is for this reason I do not go more than 5 miles over the limit...... no matter what, and I have NEVER gotten a ticket for speeding.
I don't understand why you want to speed, unless it's an emergency. You only get to your destination on average 2 minutes faster. So would you rather get there 2 minutes earlier and risk getting pulled over to face crap like this, or drive no more than 5 over and NOT have to face crap like this??
Going no more than 5 over has ALWAYS worked for me.

Now, I would suggest hiring a traffic lawyer for cheap, let them go and play with the judge for a few minutes. This should help unless you have other violations on your record.

not true two weekends ago i was gonna be driving from durham,nc down to wilmington,nc well mapquest said it would take me about 4 hrs to get there (actually going to bolivia) and i made it there in two and a half hours all the way to boliva, most of the way i was doing 80 in a 70 zone, but i got it up to 100 a couple of times, best thing to do would be to get a radar dector so you know when to slow down

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Originally posted by gearhead98:
not true two weekends ago i was gonna be driving from durham,nc down to wilmington,nc well mapquest said it would take me about 4 hrs to get there (actually going to bolivia) and i made it there in two and a half hours all the way to boliva, most of the way i was doing 80 in a 70 zone, but i got it up to 100 a couple of times, best thing to do would be to get a radar dector so you know when to slow down

And you actually BELIEVE Mapquest??

Maquest is good for getting directions, but do not believe what it says on time. It keeps telling me it will take 10 hours to get to my sister's place in central Florida when it actually only takes 6 1/2 to 7, depending on traffic.
I also DID say on average it will be two minutes. That's everyday normal driving.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Quote:

best thing to do would be to get a radar dector so you know when to slow down

heh, this is true. I'm 16 and haven't been caught for speeding once. However, my dad being a cop and all told me if I DO get pulled over for speeding and the Cop sees the radar detector, he'll throw the warning out the window and give you a hefty ticket.

Although, this is the man that gave me some bull about them using "lasers" instead of radar and that it wouldn't work. What a load of crap that was..

1998 Black, Contour GL. 89,098 on the clock.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Renee:
It is for this reason I do not go more than 5 miles over the limit...... no matter what, and I have NEVER gotten a ticket for speeding.
I don't understand why you want to speed, unless it's an emergency. You only get to your destination on average 2 minutes faster. So would you rather get there 2 minutes earlier and risk getting pulled over to face crap like this, or drive no more than 5 over and NOT have to face crap like this??
Going no more than 5 over has ALWAYS worked for me.

Now, I would suggest hiring a traffic lawyer for cheap, let them go and play with the judge for a few minutes. This should help unless you have other violations on your record.

Good for you I speed frequently as it's SOOOO much fun! I use a radar detector and good road sense and that has ALWAYS worked for me.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Go change your name, Identity and run to Mexico if all fails. But seriously, the only advice that I can give you is if you go to court, dress up and be very polite. It should help you with the "I'm innocent" pleadings.

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by GoSox:
Quote:

Although, this is the man that gave me some bull about them using "lasers" instead of radar and that it wouldn't work. What a load of crap that was..

Actually they do use a "laser" when they are sitting on the side of the road waiting for you. If they are driving they use a radar but when they are parked they zap you with a "laser gun" which is still technically a radar but your detector won't tell you its there until they fire it and then they got you.

1998 E1 SVT Contour (Toreador Red)
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Ask for a formal hearing so you can meet with the prosecutor. Admit guilt, and ask for leniency. This is the beast way to go. Pleading innocent just insults the officer, and mocks the judicial system.

96 Sport 2.0L - 190,XXX miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Go to court....dress nice...shave and all...and admit guilt, but with an explanation "Your Honor."

Tell them you know you shouldn't have been going that fast, but as the trucks were "buffeting your car", you decided to pull out and pass. You misjudged the car coming up behind you at a high rate of speed, and attempted to speed up to get out of this persons way as fast as you could, in an effort to get back down to your driving comfort level. You had no idea that you had gone that fast, and was quite surprised that you were pulled over and not the guy who blew past you. Tell the judge you have a healthy respect for the law, as evidenced by your clean record. Then tell him that you intend to never do anything like this again, and that the only real puishment that will come out of this is that your insurance rates will go up.

I have found that "Yes Sir" and "Yes Ma'am" and looking them dead in the eye while being calm and confident goes a long way in making yourself believable. think about how many 19yld punks the judge sees. Break the mold, and he/she might break the mold on their sentence as well.

T-red E0 SVT ATS 17x7.5 Comp Lites, 215/45/17 Falken 512s, Ausi Bar, Boxed subframe, Poli all around, Warmonger's Opt Y, Opt TB, AFE, DMD, NGK's, Bendix Ti, Alpine, Polk, Mobil-1 0W-40, Redline MTL.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard