Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Count me in on the deposit for the cowl hood. I only live half an hour away from Carbonwerks, so I could even do a test fit, If needed.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I want to see a test fit , but I most likely wouldnt have the money anyway. I am currently working on paying off my debt due to this car ASAP.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
I want to see a test fit , but I most likely wouldnt have the money anyway. I am currently working on paying off my debt due to this car ASAP.

For fitment pics look under the oem hood thread. It fit perfect.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

For fitment pics look under the oem hood thread. It fit perfect.

Looks good , but I was talking actual pics of this hood. But I dont want you to take me wrong , or expect me as a customer (i.e. Dont want to dissapoint anyone). Because I simply dont have the money (pending debt) , I do think its a very nice product though.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Its on delay until we get enough support. Lack of enthusiasm for other products has lead us to that. But I think we may be able to pull it off.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Brett,

The problem here is still the same...I am very interested but without a picture of the hood or a good photo chop it is hard to commit. I have nearly $100 tied up in another GB that has been going on for 9+ months (indiglo GB ) plus the after seeing the other CF hood GB go on for over a year it tends to make people a little hesitant. Verbal descriptions donā??t get it when you are spending $600. Even a good hand drawn picture of the hood with the cowl would help. Iā??m sure the guys at Carbonworks arenā??t just winging it? They must have some drawings of what they are creating.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Scott I totaly understand. If you remeber back a month or so ago, I listed a link to VIS racing. Go there and click on the corvette c5 hood that has a slight cowl. Thats what I am aiming for. I am not going to post the link again or picture because we are not assosiated with them at all and some people got confused. As you can see our turn around is great, this would have been already completed had we not jumped into doing a oem hood without intrest checking. We thought we mine as well make them before we hack up the demo hood to make the cowl. But like I said this is totaly refundable. I was able to cover some of the costs for both hoods thats why I am only asking for $100. Thank you.
For those wondering here is the paypal link.

jkim@carbonwerks.com - please not if your paying for OEM HOOD, SCOOPED HOOD, OR SAIL PANELS PLEASE

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by scottd60:
Brett,

The problem here is still the same...I am very interested but without a picture of the hood or a good photo chop it is hard to commit. I have nearly $100 tied up in another GB that has been going on for 9+ months (indiglo GB ) plus the after seeing the other CF hood GB go on for over a year it tends to make people a little hesitant. Verbal descriptions donā??t get it when you are spending $600. Even a good hand drawn picture of the hood with the cowl would help. Iā??m sure the guys at Carbonworks arenā??t just winging it? They must have some drawings of what they are creating.

Scott

I'm in the same boat with the other GB. And even a drawing would be great. While the pic from Mikey boy is OK, it still doesn't give that good an idea of what the cowl will look like. A little help here could mean all the difference. I'm willing to spend the cash but I need to see more. Maybe someone else can come up with a better chop. Sorry

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by scottd60:
Brett,

Scott

I'm in the same boat with the other GB. And even a drawing would be great. While the pic from Mikey boy is OK, it still doesn't give that good an idea of what the cowl will look like. A little help here could mean all the difference. I'm willing to spend the cash but I need to see more. Maybe someone else can come up with a better chop. Sorry

Remember guys,,,,

This is a custom job. I am not selling a finished product. this job was taken cause brett was enthuastic enough to come out with the partial deposit of mold cost. I also beleive that there were some interest and poll thread about what design you people wanted.

If you guys want or i should say brett orders the scoop to be 2 inch hieght or 3 inch hight that is what its going to look like. Once again it is a custome job. If you want this to be done in certain way, i suggest that you dicuss with brett and come out with agreement or conclusion and that is what i'll do.

And when you guys talk about having or had experience about getting burn out, I totally understand. However, i got burn out by many customers as well. That is main reason why i do custom job only if possible. you see, i am not going to mention what forums but.......

At the beginning there was a great interest with c/f work at this certain forum. Many people indicated that they will buy as soon as it gets done. I complete the project and most people back out when its time to reach their wallet to pay. I had many experiences like these.

You see people, At least you guys can claim to paypal for whatever reason or call your credit card company and file claim. I do not have that kind of option.

Perhaps this scoop project gets completed and people back out who's loss is that?

If you have not noticed, i am located in LA, CA. My address is on my website. Test fit had been done. I have capability to finish this project. Check out my website for previous jobs that we done at Gallery section. What more do you need?

Perhaps you are concern about what its going to look like, is there anyone who has capability with photoshop to come out with this photo. I beleive that is lot better solution at this point. And this method was commonly used with some other customers that i dealt with.....

Last edited by carbonwerks; 03/15/04 05:39 AM.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I think what these people are getting at is that a photoshop is not good enough...one person in photoshop can make a hood look like complete sh!t and the other can make it look like the baddest thing to ever hit the forums.

Being here I have noticed, people want a finished product...if you don't have that then people wont commit...thats why you have 935309353 posts asking for pics.

Create one hood, show people and then you will get interest.

Sucks for you but thats how things work around here IMO...plus if u don't get the buyers u wanted. Put the sh!t on ebay, its bound to sell...not everyone knows about CEG.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard