Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
That hood will only give a little more clearance.. Won't due anything for performance, other than it will be lightweight.. I was kinda thinking it would have more of a cowl to it so more air could escape through the back..

Mark

Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by Chris Hightower:
What kind of raise are we talking about for the cowl hood?

Chris were looking at a 2.5"-3" cowl. Any more wouldn't look right. I'll hopefully no pretty soon. Do fill us in though .

Originally posted by DimitriPopov:

I gotta say , that looks pretty cool. But no price listed.

Originally posted by carbonwerks:
The price will be 600 plus shipping

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
so are we still talking bout a 2 inch raise or maybe not?

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by livinsvt:

were looking at a 2.5"-3" cowl .

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
that sounds cool i really want to vent my filter and have somethin orginal almost convinced. now i will wait on a pic and test fit. any ideal on a time frame for that

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Just a little note that air usually won't escape out of the back of a cowl hood. The whole idea behind a cowl hood is to use the high pressure area that builds at the bottom of the windshield to ram air into the cowl.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVT Barge:
Just a little note that air usually won't escape out of the back of a cowl hood. The whole idea behind a cowl hood is to use the high pressure area that builds at the bottom of the windshield to ram air into the cowl.

Thank you!!!

That is correct...that is why the Cowl Induction hood is the most popular hood for muscle cars to date by far. The '68-'69 Z28, '70-'72 Chevelle SS were 1st to use the cowl induction hood. The Chevelle SS introduced the vacuum actuated rear flap on the top of the hood to open under hard acceleration. Both cars had open top air cleaners with foam isolators making a seal between the hood and air cleaner keeping the open portion in the raised cowl section getting cold air only from hood opening at the base of the windshield. It will however blow cold air in during driving conditions and allow the hot air to escape while sitting still on our cars since the air is not routed to a sealed intake system.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
It should still work real well for a coolling effect. Throwing vents in the hood realy doesnt do much in some cases, depends on how there louvered. Most of the time there is no way to push out the stagenet air. May work good when stopped.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'd LOVE the cowl hood with two sets of angled louvers...one on each side of the cowl. The louvers should be over the intake on the driver side and same location in hood on the passenger side as well. With a heat shield sealed to the hood it would be perfect at pulling in cool outside air to the intake. The one on the opposite side would be more for looks and would also let some hot air escape during driving.

This hood would be a definite for me...I will pay now!!! It is exactly what I have wanted ever since I purchased my car!

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by scottd60:
I'd LOVE the cowl hood with two sets of angled louvers...one on each side of the cowl. The louvers should be over the intake on the driver side and same location in hood on the passenger side as well. With a heat shield sealed to the hood it would be perfect at pulling in cool outside air to the intake. The one on the opposite side would be more for looks and would also let some hot air escape during driving.

This hood would be a definite for me...I will pay now!!! It is exactly what I have wanted ever since I purchased my car!

Scott

Thats what I wanted to do as well. But more work means more money and no one is going to pay more than the $600 for this hood. So far no one has put down a deposit yet, so this whole idea may get scraped, cut our loses while we are ahead.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Ok people. Lets try to get this rolling. I need to collect at least 5 deposits of $100 to get this rolling. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the hood or it doesn't get produced, than you can a: get your money refunded, b: use the money towards carbon fiber sail panels, or c: use it towards the oem hood. If you definitly are going to buy one or the other I suggest you jump in now so your oppurtunity for both isn't lost. Both hoods may not be available after this buy now, due to the lack of enthusiasm. Please PM me or post here with relevant questions or concerns. Thank you

Email- BP.Powell@comcast.net

Last edited by livinsvt; 03/13/04 01:48 AM.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard