Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
Well I took the FAQ over to ford.
They took a look at it and assumed that they were being served papers. LOL

More seriously they said that they did not have one standard tec that covers everything listed on that FAQ. They mentoned the chemical flushing of the IM, TB, EGR as being a cheaper option because once it was determined that the manifold had to be removed a price if $600+ was thrown into the air. Then they check the tec for manifold removal cleaning and seal replacement and found a price of $324. But the problem is that the faq requires more work. So I left the FAQ with them and I will be expecting a call mon or tues with an estimate on how much that FAQ would cost.

By the way he acted very suprized when I mentioned that a car groups exists and makes recommendations as to how to service a car.

One more thing he mentioned that an additional problem with removing a manifold for cleaning is that serveral sensors have to be unpluged and that during the unplugging those sensors could be damaged and no longer work properly and so possibly might have to be replaced as well. I will re read the FAQ to see how many and which sensors must be disconnected and then get a price on them just to be prepared to pay that additional cost.

So is the chemical wash out of the manifold a more appropriate and less costly tech that would give the same or similar effect of this FAQ?

So they see that you are willing to pay close to a thousand dollars for a simple job like this, and they figure that they can milk more money out of you. There is no sensor that goes bad after being unplugged. Thats almost like saying that you have to replace these sensors if your battery goes out. I spent 200 dollars in gaskets, seals, and cleaning solution. I finished the entire FAQ on the UIM/LIM rebuild including the fuel system. It was my first time digging in that deep into the engine, and my car started up yesterday, and it is 100% better now. If someone can host my pictures, then I will put them up on this page.

2001 BMW 325i Sport, Stickshift '96 Mercury Mystique V6 *TOTALLED* For sale: Alpine CDA-9811 Eclipse Amplifier Pioneer Tweeters