Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
I made a appoitment to take the car in on wednesday 3.12.2004 to Ford to have this LIM, UIM, Heads, fuel rail, injectors, EGR, and TB cleaned. I hope that this type of cleaning will all be included in their emission's tec for $119. I will let you guys know of the results.

I guess I will have my mounts changed at another time for $800+ because I do not know what the cost of the above will be.

Get a quote from the service writer to protect yourself. These are all just cleanings & labor should not be difficult to figure out. Get a quote or all that may end up costing you several hundred dollars that you may not have been expecting.

I made the mistake of takin' my BMW to the dealer once. I got a quote for a timing belt install & valve adjustments. They performed all kinds of extra work - including oil seals. All the extra stuff would have cost me another $900, but because I had a quote and they did not have the authorization to do additional work, I got all the extra stuff for free. I did offer to pay for the parts & finally did just that.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.