Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
livin,
the thickness problems with the last GB have been mentioned.

One other issue is the clearcoat - not on top of the sail panel itself, but on the sides.

I have outlined the "sides" or "edge" of the CF panel - it is not clearcoated. It looks grayish and looks like trash.

Also, I am not trying to bad mouth the company's product - only voicing my concern that these will turn out like the last ones produced.

Well let me ask you this. What is clear coating the sides have to do with this(is the carbon actualy seperating from the resin). Clear coating the trashy gray is just going to make it glossy trashy gray. My panels appear thinner and are flush mounted with the oem mounting. So you do not even see the sides. I am not following you there .

You guys had me realy confused about your concerns. 1314& Pete thanks for clearing things up a bit. The way they were being described before was not at all what I thought you were talking about. Keep the comments coming

Clearcoated trashy gray is better than non-clearcoated trashy gray because:

1. the surface is shiny and clear and if the sides are not, there is a contrast. Better to have both shine.

2. Where the clearcoated surface meets the non-clearcoated sides, mine have become brittle and crumbled in some places, leaving ugly "trails" of broken clearcoat all around the sail panel.

HTH

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq