I'm also just trying to help you make sure the product will keep people happy. The only problem I have with the previous sail panels was the fit. The finish appears to be top notch. Clear coat was really good and the panel was nice and thick. But that is one of the problems. The thickness caused it to be raised over the surrounding panel.

The following pics were taken a few minutes ago in my dark garage. I wish I had more light or it was earlier in the day. If these don't help, I'll try to take some better pics tomorrow during the day. Also, my car has been driven for the past two weeks every day for the first time in years, so excuse the dirtiness. I'm embarrased to post pics of my dirty car since it's been quite sometime since it's seen rain. ANYWAY ,

1. This pic kind of shows the thickness of the sail panel. This also shows why it would be ideal if the edges were rounded or beveled. The straight edge doesn't look too great. If you look at a stock sail panel, it is rounded and not straight cut. Enter Exhibit A & B

2. Lay the panel on a flat surface. If it is perfectly flat with the surface, it won't work right. The door has a slight inward curve and the panel needs to match that. I guess if you use excessive amounts of glue and/or double-sided tape, it may work for a while. Otherwise, Exhibit C, D & E:

Additionally, if you look at the pic you have posted and Exhibit A, the panel you have doesn't have as smooth a cut on the rounded part. Looks a little bit choppy. But it could just be the pic.

Hope this helps. Again, I'm not ragging. Just trying to help you make this a success.