Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read. Even if it's a goof.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Buzz Green:
also am trying to add a simple resister to the on board computer it basically will contolr the fuel map to run a more lean mizture

1)Unplug the oxygen sensors

2)Introduce a vacuum leak

H
HThomas Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
Bud,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your assumedly busy schedule to commiserate. You have brought up some good points, none of which are lost on the bystanders.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that this little experiment came to an abrupt and fiery end last night.

It came to me last night that all that exhaust energy dumping out the tail pipe was the answer to my question - why not harness it?

So I plumbed in an old exhaust header cutout from my junked Impala drag car so I could redirect the exhaust from the underbody to a more energy-recyclatory spot - that's right - to the Baja SporTub. This involved running about 2 feet of left over 3" stainless mandrel bent tubing from www.burnsstainless.com. Then I had to use about another 15 feet of gutter downspout to actually finish the run to the hot tub.

Anyway, the exhaust was bypassed in the right direction and then run into a submerged heat exchanger I pilfered from my neighbor's Earnhardt-memorial-mobile, a 1978 Winnebago. This allowed the exhaust to dump its heat directly into the tub without actually being submerged. I didn't want to submerge the pipe because I know the stainless pipe I got (SS409) will surface rust a bit. I guess next time I should just get SS304 or 18Cr pipe instead.

Then disaster struck. Apparently the hot pipe was too close to the neoprene tub cover, which lit on fire. Luckily I saw the flickering of the flames when SpeedTV's NASCAR pit crew show ended and jumped out before the fire got real bad.

Anyway, the tub burst from the heat and dumped its entire contents all over the deck and septic field. So now I have other problems to deal with. What a bummer.

I guess I will try to log back on when I get the mess cleaned up. On the positive side, I still have a working Contour engine. I hear it is essentially a Porsche engine, so I figure at least I can try to sell it on eBay to all those 911 drivers with blown motors.

Argh....

-Harden Thomas

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
LOL @ all this!!!!!!

Diesel owns you
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
man he you have one vivid imagination, whether this is true or not...its still vivid for thinkin it up.

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
B
B
I'll tell you what. These are some good ideas. The only things I have a problem with are the following.

-- Are you sure you haven't modded the engine, I never thought you could run that much off a V-belt. Sounds like you are squeezing a little more than 200 ponies out of that bad boy.
-- What type of plugs are you running? Splitfires? That may be what is getting you over the 200 mark.

Keep it real homies.

Buzz

L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
!!omg we needed a joke like this for a while. Keep it coming

NEED AN SVT REAR BUMPER!!! pm me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
you should make own huge lawn mower out of that

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by mbSVT:
LOL @ all this!!!!!!

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
ONE OF MY BUDDIES (WE REFER TO HIM AS MCGUYVER) CAME CAMPING WITH US A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. WELL HE BROUGHT ALONG ALL THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE A TEMPORARY HOT TUB. A UTILITY TRAILER (ABOUT 6'X6'X3'), A GAS POWERED BILGE-PUMP, SOME COPPER TUBING MADE INTO A SCREEN (ABOUT 2'X2'), AND A COUPLE OF TARPS. DRAPE THE TARPS ON THE INSIDE OF THE TRAILER TO RETAIN THE WATER, THE LAY THE COPPER TUBING ON THE GROUND UNDER YOUR FIRE(BEFORE YOU START THE FIRE...), THEN GET YOUR FIRE GOIN AND PUMP SOME RIVER/LAKE WATER INTO THE TRAILER. ONCE IT'S FULL HOOK THE PUMP TO THE COPPER TUBING, SO IT RECIRCULATES FROM THE TRAILER TO THE FIRE AND BACK TO THE TRAILER. AFTER 4 HOURS WE HAD TO STOP THE PUMP AND GET OUT CAUSE IT WAS TOO HOT(OR WERE WE TOO DRUNK). VOILA... A HOT TUB FOR CAMPING.

98' Contour SE 2.5L
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard