Their is not direct plug in copper plug that's two steps colder. The only spark plug that will fit and is colder is Motorcraft AZFS22C, what I use. They are copper and one step colder. That's assuming your stock plugs are AZFS32E or F, can't remember exactly the last letter. The 22Cs are also kind of hard to find, I could only get them special ordered through the Ford dealer, they cost around $12 a set.

If you look to get another kind of plug that some book says will work make sure you look at the new plug and the origional. If they are not the EXACT same size and lenght and thread lenght, you CAN'T use them. I don't know of any other plugs aside from the 22Cs that are the EXACT same lenght and size as the stock plugs. If they are too short they won't seat properly in the head and could possibly damnage the engine.

That's also for a 2000 year model. I don't know if earlier year models had different spark plugs. If they are the same, only one person makes custom spark plugs up to 5 steps colder and that's TurboTom at focus-power.com, but he charges $50 for a set.

Last edited by Seawulf; 03/03/04 11:36 PM.

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip