The problem with saying that police radar is only on a specific frequency, and ignoring the others, is what happens when a new radar gun comes out on a slightly different frequency. Then you're screwed with a detector that thinks it should ignore the signal because it thinks its a door or something else.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and you definately have the right to be happy with a detector that you think is "falsing" less.

I'll stick with my detector and assume it is going to warn me of all signals, regardless of what they are. I can tell by the number of signals I'm picking up, their direction, and the signal strength if its a threat or not. Besides, I don't speed in city limits anyway up here in the north, too dangerous for pedestrians. On the highway, any hint of a signal I get could be a threat, so I treat it as one. Heck, I'm known to turn my detector off in city limits. I expect my detector to report all signals, and not "think" its a door and not show me. Let me make that call.

As for whether it is possible for a processor to logically decide what signal is a door, and what signal is a cop, thats still up for debate. I've expressed all my reasons for my beleif that its not possible. If I had more time, and it was worth my while, I might try to dig a little deeper on the subject, but honestly, I don't have the time.

I would love to entertain any other theories though if it makes sense. But as I understand radar right now, its not possible.