Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by mbSVT:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:

To get a detector because it has "less false alarms" is screwing yourself.

I've always wondered why people never figured this out...

Because it's WRONG. The 8500 has been rated by many places as having less false alarms than any other detectors BUT still having the best range out of almost all of them (comparable with V1).
I (like you) am no expert on radar, so I can't give a good explanation why, but I do realize that police radar and the things that give false alarms (other detectors,etc.) use different frequencies usually. Also, the 8500 is still going to alert on automatic door openers BUT probably alert less on them then some other detectors AND alert A LOT less on cheap detectors that are emitting radar.

Here's the thing... the V1 does have less false alarms than others. I'm sure that the 8500 does too. No denying that... it has to do with the signal processing.

However, noone's debating whether or not your detector has less falses than another... read the quote again... what I said was I've never understood why people base their decision on which brand has the least false alarms!!! That's the LAST thing that you should be worrying about... i can't tell you how many times i've heard people say, "well i dont want the thing going off all the time"... THATS THE POINT!!

I'm hardly an expert on radar, but given that my dad was a cop and I've grown up on BOTH ends of the radar gun, I'd like to think I know a bit...

Diesel owns you