As it has been said before, if a cop sees the radar detector, they are less likely to let you off with a warning. But if you live in an area like Miami-Dade county, where county officers don't have dash mounted radars or lasers and have a speed judgement certification(which usually doesn't hold up to well in court), a radar detector will do you little to no good at all. However, State Troopers don't always use rader, they'll sometimes use NASCAR, which is where they time you from one line to the next and determine your speed from and aircraft flying overhead, and on the other side of the hill, they have like 14 troopers sitting there waiting for you. But trooper cars usually run they're dash mounted radars constantly, i do know of a camaro trooper who uses his Instant-on a lot. Radar detectes are great on expressways and such, but a not very useful in big metropolitain cities like Miami, where very very few of the cops you pass will have dash-mounted radars. Sorry for the long post, but just thought i'd drop my $.02 in.

Robert

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*