Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I want to have the carbon fiber hood in black with my t-red, so I'm thinking of selling my hood. I know most people in the group buy will be, but mine is a little different. I have 2 cossie hood vents painted in the same t-red to match the rest of the car. They're fully functional and actually do keep thing's a bit cooler under the hood. Everyone always asks if you need to worry about rain or snow, but the answer is no. Enough water doesn't get on the filter for it to become a problem. I've parked the car outside since I've had it, through all Michigan weather, and have had 0 problems. The only thing I suggest is putting a plastic bag over the air filter when you are washing the car. (assuming you have an open element, in which case the vents basically make your filter a real CAI) If you're interested, send me a PM. I'll get some pic's if someone is interested.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Here are the links to pictures:

http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0286.jpg
(pic. of whole car)

http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0287.jpg
(close pic. of vent)

http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0289.jpg
(pic. From the underside)

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
please tell us that the cowel hood has been made im ready to send the $$$$ as soon as i see pics the other pics look great but i need a cowl

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by dion:

Any pictures of the underside? Is the subframe hand-laid fiberglass or chopper-gun fiberglass?

Sorry I missed this one. The hood and subframe are both hand laid. I might have a pic of the underside later these week. The rain in California is holding things up a bit

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Any pictures of the underside? Is the subframe hand-laid fiberglass or chopper-gun fiberglass?

Sorry I missed this one. The hood and subframe are both hand laid. I might have a pic of the underside later these week. The rain in California is holding things up a bit

Yeah, I live here in So. Cal....the rain sucks, but we need it.

So, the hood has a layer of CF on top, with a layer of hand-laid fiberglass on the bottom of the hood, and a hand-laid fiberglass subframe, correct? Or is the entire hood CF with a fiberglass frame?

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
The entire hood is carbon fiber. The frame is fiberglass with I believe a layer of carbon over it. Is that clear enough. Are you intrested in the oem hood or the cowl style? Another oem hood is being layed up tonight.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I am interested. I have other obligations first. Will this hood be available after the initial GB?

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I am interested. I have other obligations first. Will this hood be available after the initial GB?

Yes

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
are we gonna have pics of the cowl hood soon

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Im also interested in the cowl hood... It seems that most of the people here are and I know it's been asked about 30 times, but will you have any pictures soon? Where is it at in the process of being made?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard