M
pics today right?

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
cant wait we wanna see pics hopefully tonight

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
pics?

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
pics yet???

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Should have them Monday

?????

ATX -
Originally posted by bnoon:
Get enough HP/TQ and some traction and you can race a ricer one handed while sipping a slirpy. Nothing wrong with that.

<font class="post"> 16.251@85.42 mph
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Well, sorry for the delay. I guess over the weekend California got alot of rain, than warmed up real quick, casuing a real humid situation. This is very bad for laying up carbon fiber. The hood was/is in the mold hoping to be able to be saved, unfortunitly was left in the paint booth and moisture may have got in. Next time it will be in a more secure enviroment. But by keeping it in the mold longer we may have been able to let it cure enough, that the moisture doesn't get in and cause pin holes. Mine as well a Porsche hood and a few other item may be ruined as well. I just found all this out myself, he is going to try tomorrow and pull it out of the mold. If it fails than the he just has to lay up another hood, as well as the other items. So it may be until next week now . We shall see

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
Should have them Monday

?????

Well, sorry for the delay. I guess over the weekend California got alot of rain, than warmed up real quick, casuing a real humid situation. ... So it may be until next week now . We shall see

That pesky California environment - how Kaotic...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, sorry for the delay. I guess over the weekend California got alot of rain, than warmed up real quick, casuing a real humid situation. This is very bad for laying up carbon fiber. The hood was/is in the mold hoping to be able to be saved, unfortunitly was left in the paint booth and moisture may have got in. Next time it will be in a more secure enviroment. But by keeping it in the mold longer we may have been able to let it cure enough, that the moisture doesn't get in and cause pin holes. Mine as well a Porsche hood and a few other item may be ruined as well. I just found all this out myself, he is going to try tomorrow and pull it out of the mold. If it fails than the he just has to lay up another hood, as well as the other items. So it may be until next week now . We shall see

Here are a few pic's of the OEM CF hood in the mold...more to come as they are available.

Hosting pic's for "livinsvt"

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Thanks Scott for hosting the pics. What your looking at is a pic of the bottom side of the hood still in the mold(half removed for pics) with no frame ,clear coat,not trimmed or final layer of weave. Thats just to show that we do have something, and we might no later tonight if its going to work or we have to lay up another hood. The frame is already made so it won' take to much longer for final pics if this one works outs. Will see.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard