Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I'm interested....OEM style. WE WANNA SEE PICS!!!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I suppose this will be a stupid question, but such a hood can't make use of the windshield washer jets can it?

Diesel owns you
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
I'm interested....OEM style. WE WANNA SEE PICS!!!

Should have them Monday

Originally posted by mbSVT:
I suppose this will be a stupid question, but such a hood can't make use of the windshield washer jets can it?

Yes you can use your washers. But you have to tell me at the time of order, and they can make the hole. Or you can do it yourself with a dremel tool or equivalent. Not so stupid of a question after all. I am glad you asked.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by mbSVT:

That's an excellent question. I'll bet no one even thought of it. I know I didn't.

AND---

1. Since I've never had anything like this before, how will it hold up in an Ohio winter--snow, salt, slush, etc? Is it advisable to switch hoods like we do with rims?
2. I also have the Redline Hood Lift kit--will it work with this hood? Not only as far as mounting goes, but would it put undue stresses on the hood when it's being opened or closed? I had a 78 Chevy Blazer that required hood stiffener bars so it wouldn't buckle when you closed it. The last thing I'd want is a cracked hood.
3. As far as colors go--is green available and where on the web would you suggest I look for a color example?

And I am soooo interested in the cowl hood--it's got to look good!

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I am not that familiar with the redline kit. But If it bolts up to the stock hood than it will on this hood. Also I don't think you will have to worry about the stress, The fiberglass frame is strong, and those type of hood props won't put alot of tension of the frame itself. I will look around for color samples. I belive green is available. Now if your intrested in the cowl hood, the washer nozzels may not look as good than, but its all up to you. I hope to have a pic of the cowl mocked up on the hood middle of next week.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
The Redline Hood Lift kit are 2 hydralic cylinders that lift and hold the hood open instead of using the prop rod. I don't know how to post a picture but if you go to my site, you can see them in my engine pix. I'll look forward to your pix of the cowl hood. BTW, how about our Ohio winters, will they be detrimental to the hood?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i would be interested in the cowl hood but wanna see pics i have the cracked paint on my orginal and have been searching for replacement for while does anyone know of a hood that has vents or scoops

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
The Redline Hood Lift kit are 2 hydralic cylinders that lift and hold the hood open instead of using the prop rod. I don't know how to post a picture but if you go to my site, you can see them in my engine pix. I'll look forward to your pix of the cowl hood. BTW, how about our Ohio winters, will they be detrimental to the hood?

Your hood should be fine. The clear coat that comes with it is like any other automotive clear coat thats protecting your cars paint now. Just keep it waxed like you would normaly.

Originally posted by svtim:
i would be interested in the cowl hood but wanna see pics i have the cracked paint on my orginal and have been searching for replacement for while does anyone know of a hood that has vents or scoops

The cowl is problay as close as your gonna get. But it does work well for airflow. Thats the reason behind using it. Air flows through the upper grill, into the engine bay,and out back of the scoop. Most vents don't create enough air flow, and still leave stagnet hot air in the compartment.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
good im so sick of the stock body looks ive got funds ready and no faimly restrictions show me some cool pics and im in

blk 1998 svt contour custom paint by taylors house of color sho y pipe and hi flow converter fms 9m wires open element filter and sloted cross drilled roters
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
hey did you get the pics yet so we can see what it looks like??

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard