Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Great thanks btrautman.

So standing on the driver side of the car next to the front finder right against the driver side front wheel I know where the mounts are and I can visualize four mounts of which I replace the rear tranny that is behind the engine mount which I saw looking the air box so I still have to replace the left tranny mount which is near the front of the car which I saw looking behind the radiator and I have to replace the right tranny mount which I cannot see unless I look under the car and the mount that I will not replace the engine mount is easy to see at the front passenger side of the engine. So that would be parts 2887 and 2886.

After looking at a picture of the subframe within my hanes manual I noticed that the subframe holds the drive train components and in effect isolates some of the vibrations from the rest of the unibody of the car.

Btrautman during your installation of the ATX did you notice any rubber bushings near the subframe bolts that connect the the unibody of the car that further helps reduce the tranny vibration. When the fan of my car come on and the car is in drive not only can I hear it if the windows are down but I can feel a vibration as the fan comes on. I do know that there are rubber bushings under the radiator where the it is connected to the subframe so I wonder if that rubber's old age is causing some vibration to go into the passenger compartment.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Well I went to autozone to pick up the parts and guess what? There I found out that the mounts were simply the rubber inserts and no metal mount frames included. So when it comes to mounts is it best to just purchase the whole assembly or are inserts just as good?

B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Metal is Metal. Just purchase inserts. Take out the metal housing so that you can have plenty of leverage to install the inserts properly.....This is what I use and they are fine.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
so I just made my first order from the bill jenkins contact.

Steve Mullins
Senior Parts Counterperson
Signature Lincoln Mercury
702-457-0321 x 240
smullins@signaturelm.com
www.signaturelm.com
3030 E. Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89104

To order parts, dial 1-800-876-3280

F5RZ-6038-D mount list price $74.95 your price $56.21 in stock
F5RZ-6068-E mount list price $97.52 your price $73.14 in stock
shipping would be around $8.00

And if I can identify the ford specific part that I need I will be using these guys because the price is right I am told.

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated all the links to all pic's post by BT on this thread, per BT. Thanks again BT for a very informative thread and the contribution to CEGer's all over the world.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Update.....

12,000 miles on car. Had to replace irmc vacuum diaphram. Developed a leak. Also had to replace rack and pinion! I should have replaced it when I had the engine and atx out.....I didn't think it would EVER go out on me. Otherwise car drives like new.

Regards,
Bob

B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Update...

20k on atx and engine and all is still running fine...

Regards,
Bob

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by btrautman:
Update...

20k on atx and engine and all is still running fine...

Regards,
Bob

I never had a doubt ... 20K miles ... about time to do a full fluid flush

B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Update...

52k on atx and engine and all is still running fine...
Did perform a upper and lower manifold intake cleaning - wasn't really needed but wanted to check out the condition.

Regards,
Bob

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard