Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Great job!!! I've only done one automatic in my life (my old APV). That was completely hydraulic with no electronics whatsoever. Well, it had a VSS on it. After seeing what these new electronic units look like, I'm sticking to my manuals from here on out (just upgraded the SVT's). I have been since I was 17 (22 now). Good luck on the engine rebuild, I plan on doing mine when it breaks. C'mon, it's still a Ford !
Sean

'99 Silver SVT Contour (2000 miles since June, now needs new front brakes and bearings) '98 CBR900RR Again (Put away for the winter)
B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Tonight, I connected up the remaining hoses. I just purchased my 1/2 x 13 heli coil insert for the drive shaft cam to pull the pulley in alignment with water pump. However, since it is close to being in alignment, I thought I'd take it for a test drive. Started the car and it idled smooth. I held my breath when shifting it to drive since I also rebuilt the atx in this project. Shifted to drive and it engaged....smoothly. Shifted to reverse and it engaged smoothly. Drove it around the block and it drove NICE. Trans winding up in gears sound strong and clean. Shift was very smooth. Took it out on the highway and drove it up to 55. Trans shifted fine. Front end is tight and seems not to need an alignment (replaced the struts, control arms, bushings, etc also) I will take it to be checked since I have a lifetime alignment warranty. Checked for leaks and found none. The only problem that I found was that my high cooling fan does not come on. Low speed works fine but high does not.....I did purchase a relay and replaced it but it did not make any difference. So the only items left on this project is pull down the water pump acessory pulley so it is in exact alignment with pump and repair high speed cooling fan..

This note closes out this project!

Regards,
Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by btrautman:
Drove it around the block and it drove NICE. Trans winding up in gears sound strong and clean. Shift was very smooth. Took it out on the highway and drove it up to 55. Trans shifted fine.

Yeah! That is what I'm talking about! Glad to hear it!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Awesome!!! When I got mine back together, it felt good so I went 130! Ha! Mine didn't need an alignment either. It does feel really good to be done with repairs for the time being...
Sean

'99 Silver SVT Contour (2000 miles since June, now needs new front brakes and bearings) '98 CBR900RR Again (Put away for the winter)
B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Just an update.

Engine and ATX now have 5000 miles and all is running great. Trans shifting is almost undectable.....

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
so btrautman if your were a shop charging for what you did to your atx, rebuilt it, what would the cost have been?

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
also what were the condition of your mounts. I am sure you replaced all four. I just replace one the rear tranny atx mount. I want to replace two other mounts, not the engine mount. to observe any differences. I may change the engine mount last.

B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
I don't think a shop would have been as thorough as I was...I went the few extra miles to make sure the atx would last me a long time (hopefully)! I would estimate shop charges would have been closer to the 3000 dollar mark with everything I replaced.......

I replaced all mounts with the exception of the front engine mount on the passenger side - it was in good shape. The atx driver side fender mount is critical. It only need to deflect a 1/4 inch or so before it is riding on your frame which can crack the case. If you look the the driver side wheelwell you can determine if it is riding on your frame or not. Auto Zone has this mount for about 34 dollars...

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
btrautman I asked this question in the general forum and not so sure if I replace that important "atx driver side fender mount"

questioned asked in the general forum
"
these are contour mounts from autozone
0000 MOUNT, Contour, Mystique, Right - 2.5L 95-97 $188.29 $150.63

2886 MOUNT, Contour, Mystique, Left (Front), Auto Trans - 2.5L 95-97 $071.38 $057.10

2887 MOUNT, Contour, Mystique, Left (Rear), To Crossmember, Auto Trans - 2.5L 95-97 $092.87 $074.30

2873 MOUNT, Contour, Mystique, Left (Rear), To Fender Apron, Auto Trans - 2.5L 95-00 $111.59 $089.27

This is the mount from BAT that I purchased and installed

Trans Mount 95-01 AUTO K433TA $105.30

I want to install two other mounts now sourced from autozone
The problem is that I do now know which autozone part number the bat mount matches up to. Since the bat mount is a rear mount I can only assume that it is not the autozone 2886 front mount So that the bat mount must match up to either of the autozone mounts 2287 or 2873. I need to know which one not to order.

Can anyone help?
"

So is the autozone mount 2873 the similar to the BAT mount equal to the very important mount that you speak of?

B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
AutoZone part number 2873 is the same thing you purchased from BAT K433TA.

The prices you show are higher than in my area. For instance the 2873 from Autozone shows 43 dollars.

Lookup the part using zip 78640 and you will see what I mean.

Regards,
Bob

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard