Well today I was planning on adding the final pictures but ran into a problem. When I was at a key point, I did a pressure check of the piston assemblies. What this test does is that it checks if the pistons move within their bore and correctly move the clutch assemblies. If you get hissing or don't hear the pistons move then you have a problem. I first checked the servo assembly. Upon using compressed air 40 psi, I heard solid movement when I stopped applying air and then took the nozzle away from the test plate, the remaining air in the assembly came out from where I removed my nozzle. An indication of excellent sealing. I tried this with the low/reverse assembly and same thing, excellent movement of the piston and proper backflow of air when removing the nozzle. When I tried this with the Reverse and the Forward and the Direct clutch, I would get piston movement on two of them, but the air was escaping fast, the third I had no movement at all.

I pulled the assembly took it apart and checked all seals they were fine. I did read that the Forward Direct/Coast drum assembly can and does develop a hairline crack from high fluid pressures because of valve body wear, I must have took this assembly apart three times and tested it three times with pretty much the same result. I'm going to purchase a new forward direct/coast drum housing. I've checked everyting else and I suspect this is the problem. This would also lead me to believe this is why I lost foward movement on my trans. I will be ordering from Bill tomorrow and probably will continue with this on Thursday or Friday.

In spite of the problems, this has been fun. I've learned alot and now know this tranmission inside and out to be sure!!!!! Oh yes, when I was putting on the speedometer gear on the differentail (this is where the vss is driven from) the plastic gear is a snap on fit on top of the differential. I was using light taps with a rubber mallet and it broke.....I'm glad it happened here and not after I had the transmission together. Another small problem I found was when I was separating the case halves I head to beat with a rubber mallet for quite sometime - I was being careful, until the case halves came apart. When I put the case halves back to gether it still was very tough to get them together. After checking a few items on why this was a problem, I found the bottom guide pin was getting stuck in it's bore. I finally took a circular file and reamed it out some. Case now drops in place perfectly.....I'm glad I did this, I don't like putting the halves together when it is so tough....might have has something installed correctly which I would forever worry about.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!