Ok,

The next pictures should I hope prove helpful.

The first picture shows the C-Clamps I used to remove and replace the retainer and spring assemblies. The metal corner braces are used to keep from deforming the metal retainer from the c-clamp base. Reverse Assembly is shown here.

Next is a picture of one of the plastic seal protectors.....

Placing piston in seal protector

Direct clutch drum assembly, I use the piece of metal to protect the underside when I use c-clamps to remove the spring retainers. I was trying to find something that would work, and found this when I went to pick up my wife at her office..they were throwing these decorative metal fixtures out when I spotted this.

This picture is important. when assembling this reverse clutch hub to reverse drum, there are two slots under the reverse hub. These slots MUST match with the two holes that are in the clutch drum. If you don't get this right, you will have to repull the trans and correct this. The ATSG manual says NOTHING about this. Nowhere did I find this information. I happen to run across one of the links on Unisys site which clued me to this! Thanks Unisys. I have inserted a wire to check if holes in the drum are in alignment with the clutch hub. You can't see on the other side so a flashlight, etc will not work.

Shot of transmission getting ready to insert reverse piston with seal protector.

Final assembly in place with seal protector removed:

Last edited by unisys12; 12/04/04 05:02 AM.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!