Russell,

It really wasnt that hard! The toughest time I had was removing the radiator and fan assembly. Tight fit in there as you know.... The exhaust y pipe came off quite easily. The rear mount torx bolt was a pita to remove. I couldn't remove one of the bolts and just removed the center mount bold to free up the back of the engine. As I raised the engine up, I disconnected wiring in back of the engine as I had clearance to do so. I had to completly remove the front engine mount but what I did was remove the bolts holding it to the frame and raised the engine until the top of the mount was accessable above the car and just removed the bolts holding it to the block. After that the engine came right out and I even had enough clearance with my overhead garage door open above us. I have the car in the garage and am doing this work. If I tried to do this in my driveway my friendly neighboorhood association would have started sending me notices quicker than a speeding locomotive!

I am glad I removed it from above instead of from below. Now on to the fun part!!!!

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!