Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by ScottK:

BTW - Eric you left your hat and shades here yesterday.

He leaves his hat and glasses everytime he comes to my house

I was going to collect up his watch and glasses and what not and sell it on E-bay

Thanks for your help guys!

For the intrested readers the tranny is off and the clutch removed.

The flywheel looked darn near perfect - no discoloration at all, no cracks (what do you expect with only 30k miles!). Almost completely perfect except for one small groove on the outer lip that was probably the edge of the disc wearing in. Will go for a very light clean up monday. The rear main seal was leaking pretty good, but there was no sign of oil on the clutch side of things. Helps explain the qt or so a month I've been using, also looks like theres a bigger leak from the oil pressure sender or cam position sensor - lots of oil behind the ac compressor.

The disc was jusst very very thin, and at some point (probably an accidental downshift to second instead of 4th) I had craked 3 of the arms holding the disc to the hub

I have the new rear main, and the flywheel will be done on Monday. Then we just need to find aanother time to get together to lift things up and start putting it together.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT