I'm contemplating dropping my subframe with no assistance. Is the subframe over or under say 200 lbs?

According to the directions it "should" be doable.

The plan is to put a 40" 2x4 toward the back of the frame with a jack on each side. Then pull the back subframe mounts, and loosen the front to the bottom of travel. Then I could lower the back a couple few inches and undo the steering lines and what not. Then I could just pull the fronts and ease the frame down.

this is of course if the frame is of a manageable weight?

also - where exactly are the p/s lines I have to pull, the manual isn't very specific?

There's no way I'm going to do this if I have to lay underneath a 400 lb subframe jiggling stuff around, I'm impatient not stupid!!!

It's pretty funny - in the steering rack removal instructions it actually tells you to lower the subframe BEFORE trying to get the control arms undone:

"Allow subframe to lower slightly. Disconnect steering pressure and return hoses from steering gear. Remove the nut retaining steering cooler lines to right front of subframe and two bolts retaining cooler lines to rear of subframe. Carefully pry the lower control arms from steering knuckles and steering gear coupler from steering gear. Lower and remove subframe."

So - recipe for a big screw up or a manageable task?

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT