Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
yea eric did mine too because my hands are too big to get up there. But from what it sounded like it was a real pain in the azz. Esp. when everything goes back together and you have to put the hydro lines back on the rack. That seemed to take us for ever.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
S
ScottK Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Ahh - next question, the dumb ass manual says "lower subframe slightly, then remove high pressure power steering lines"

So we'll drop it and if I rip the PS lines apart then it was lowered more than "slightly"???

Seriously - how much can you drop it to reach the ps lines?

thanks guys

S

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
a couple of inches. The lines give a little. they are the last thing to come apart and the first thing to go together,

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
S
ScottK Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Thanks -

I think I'm going to be ready to drop the subframe and tranny today - is anyone available to help later this afternoon?

If not I'll try and get a couple of buddies from work.

Not that I need it just yet - but do one of you have the clutch alignment tool? I didn't get one with my clutch from Bill.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
yea i have one. Although im not sure if i can make it today. I had a late start on the day, thanks to Eric
and now i have a bunch of stuff i have to do.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
#870503 02/22/04 11:47 PM
S
ScottK Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, I've come as far as I can alone - so looks like your suggestion of next weekend is probably a good one.

Can either or both of you guys for sure make it over next weekend or maybe one night this week? (I supply beer and pizza of course )

I'm getting some greef from the wife 'casue she'll have to play chaufer next week, but when I tell her how much the dealer charges she stops complaining. The car was probably one day from being undrivable anyway, so I didn't lose anything by starting this weekend. I got in a good 8 hours of "prep" work, so we may be able to get the tranny down in just a few hours.

I actually was ready to drop the subframe alone just now, but realized my impact gun was to tall to fit under the rear subframe bolts and I didn't have my adapter to use the big sockets with my ratchet - and someone hmmmm still has my "calibrated breaker bar".

So to sum it up - HELP

1) I still have to get the ball joints out of the knuckle, on the pre98 I think it may be impossible! to get it all the way out without either jacking up the strut or lowering the subframe a bit - the a-arm bottoms out on the subframe with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the stud left inside the knuckle.

2) pull the axles

3) lower subframe, disconnect p/s lines, drop subframe

4) disconnect vss

(clutch hydralic line, back up light and starter are already done)

5) drop tranny

#870504 02/23/04 01:04 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
well i work till 7:30pm everyday this week. But next weekend i dont have any big plans. I can bring my compressor so we can get to the subframe bolts.

#870505 02/23/04 01:53 AM
S
ScottK Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds good - hopefully Eric is free too!

Since you've done 2 of these now, how long would you guess it'd take to go from what I've done so far to having the flywheel out ready to drop off at the shop if all 3 of us are working on it?

#870506 02/23/04 04:59 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
2-3 hours if everything went smoothly and if Eric shows up when he says he will

#870507 02/23/04 03:43 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I can probably stop by next Saturday to lend an extra hand or at least moral support

I need to head up that way to get some of my leftover stuff from moving anyway.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard