Well, I've come as far as I can alone - so looks like your suggestion of next weekend is probably a good one.

Can either or both of you guys for sure make it over next weekend or maybe one night this week? (I supply beer and pizza of course )

I'm getting some greef from the wife 'casue she'll have to play chaufer next week, but when I tell her how much the dealer charges she stops complaining. The car was probably one day from being undrivable anyway, so I didn't lose anything by starting this weekend. I got in a good 8 hours of "prep" work, so we may be able to get the tranny down in just a few hours.

I actually was ready to drop the subframe alone just now, but realized my impact gun was to tall to fit under the rear subframe bolts and I didn't have my adapter to use the big sockets with my ratchet - and someone hmmmm still has my "calibrated breaker bar".

So to sum it up - HELP

1) I still have to get the ball joints out of the knuckle, on the pre98 I think it may be impossible! to get it all the way out without either jacking up the strut or lowering the subframe a bit - the a-arm bottoms out on the subframe with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the stud left inside the knuckle.

2) pull the axles

3) lower subframe, disconnect p/s lines, drop subframe

4) disconnect vss

(clutch hydralic line, back up light and starter are already done)

5) drop tranny

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT