Where'd Eric get the engine support - that had me a little worried about supporting it with just a jack.

I'll pull the flywheel and take it to the local tranny shop hopefully for a resurface, i was counting on being able to get it done quickly like when you want rotors turned???

I'm going to go down to the rental place to look for a tranny jack to avoid any "oops" while lowering the tranny.

Supposedly you can drop the subframe with only removing the axles from the tranny side - when the ball joint, tie rod and sway bar are disconnected and the strut nut is loosened 5 turns you can move the whole knuckle assmbly enough to get the axle out of the tranny - saves the ballbusting work of getting the axles out of the hub. I'll swing over to kragen to borrow there slide hammer deal to get the axles out of the tranny unless that's what you have.

Whats the beig star socket for? I have the torx bits for the rotors - I think I have a t45, 47 or 50 or something like that. Luckily ALL of my bolts have been pre-loosened from various projects (clutch 30k ago, y pipe last year, new sway links last year) so I'm not expeccting TOO much headache there.

well see - it's nice to be optimistic, I'm sure my bubble will burst tomorow or the day after

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT